FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Free Track causing system reboot loop

RSS >  Free Track causing system reboot loop
kloppenberg #1 16/07/2008 - 12h13

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/06/2008

Off line

The first post i was going to make turned out pretty long, so i decided to start off from scratch. here is my problem:

Free track will hang, but windows will work just fine. i can run DX and OGL programs, stress test, benchmark ect.. except i cannot force close, or force unload anything free-track related. i cannot shut down, restart, hibernate, stand by, dance a tango or anything. the system will just hang on the logging off/shutting down screen.

When i try to boot back into windows, i get stuck in a rebooting loop. My initial thought was my hardware going out. seems like a bad power supply, but i can boot into my other OS's (knoppix, freeBSD, Win98, and another XP). i can stress test till the cows come home, and Chuck Norris himself cannot upset my computer. That is how stable my system is.

The only way to get back into my gaming installation of windows is to load up the XP CD, and do a recovery. After getting to a command prompt, i can do a 'CHKDSK /R' and errors are fixed, and i'm on my way. I cannot readily duplicate this problem, its intermittent.

any ideas?

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Free Track causing system reboot loop

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).