FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  A coctail of problems
simonpe #1 13/07/2008 - 23h30

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 10/07/2008

Off line

I just came home with my newly bought + modded MS VX1000 to try my first 3pt cap. To my dissapointment I found that nothing is working as intended! First of all, I am not able to get a better quality stream than 24 fps 10 jitter, but it doesn't end there.

The head tracking is messed up, sometimes the skull is upside down, sometimes not. The translation scanning works great but it doesn't track yaw/pitch/roll at all.

My cap is a reglar baseball cap with three mounted IR leds, the cam image is pitch black with three round blobs - perfect! The dimensions, however, is a bit off. I have 150mm between the lower leds, the upper led is 75mm above and 80mm behind. Could this be the problem since it appears as a equilateral triangle?

The camera, as i already mentioned, is a MS VX1000 with the IR filter replaced with the guts of a floppy.

The computer is a Macbook Pro running windows XP in Bootcamp. Intel dual core 1.83 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1600 Graphics card and 2 GB RAM

Please help!

Simon

edit:

I noticed after some playing with my cap with the skull upside down that roll works, as well as the x and y translations. Then the head flips (not upside down anymore) and roll stops working too.

I tried moving the upper led 30mm upward so now I am close to the specifications.

Oh, I also have to mention that FreeTrack started crashing some 20 minutes ago :(
Edited by simonpe on 14/07/2008 at 00h07.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).