FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Z-axis changes in response to Yaw
c0nc0rd3 #1 05/07/2008 - 10h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 05/07/2008

Off line

First, thank you for creating Freetrack and sharing it so generously with the world.  I am a Flight Simulator fan and this, combined with TileProxy, is about to take my experience to a whole new level, a whole different meaning to simming.  Thank You.

Now the bad news:  I say "about to" because I am having a problem with tracking.

I created a very crude headclip out of a piece of pcb and a coathanger with the help of the other photos, diagrams, and the LED assembly wizard.  It was my first meaningful electronics project and was great fun by itself.  But I was a bit disappointed that it didn't track well, and it didn't show up well enough for tracking once daylight broke.

I had also set it so that it would focus the light off to the side where the webcam would keep it in full view on a head turn.

So I met the intesity challenge with some intensity, upping the mcd's from 120 to around 500, red, green, or blue to chose from in a "full color" LED, complete with switches for the colors and a 1k 15-turn potentiometer for setting things just right, all picked up at Radio Crap.   This one aligns to perfectly to the front.  :fear:

I now have a very borg looking (the PCB is the structure) blue, green, or very bright red, or not if I feel like it, or not sleeping well again, device ... that once again does not track well.   :wacko:

What is happening is when I turn my head, Deadhead Bob turns his head, but will swing way forward in the z-axis when turning right, and way back in the z-axis when turning left.  In FSX this shows as being flung far forward or far back of the Cessna 172, looking in the right direction, but several, even a hundred or 2 yards up or down the runway.   :o

I've checked the dimensions twice both times before I cut anything (but wasn't so forward thinking with the wiring of the borg implant and struggled a bit on it, heh).  I don't think it is a dimension problem, 60 x 60, 80 x 80.

Any ideas?  Resistance is futile.

Thanks Again

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).