FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > If you have Falcon 4 Allied Force let me know...

RSS >  If you have Falcon 4 Allied Force let me know...
Don 'Chito' Lito #1 27/05/2008 - 14h47

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 01/05/2008

Off line

Does FreeTrack work well in 2D cockpit mode?

I have a problem using FreeTrack in 2D because the view keeps jumping.  I try to hold my head as still as possible while looking down into the cockpit at the MFD's.  But it jumps to the HSI.

I am really bad at understanding all the sliders in the profile.  If someone could explain in different terms from the manual, I think it would help  a lot of people.

All I have been able to do with the sliders is make it so if I rotate my head all the way around, the game only rotates the view plus and minus 90 degrees.  It no longer turns to look back.

I don't know how I did it or how to undo it.

I reset it back to default.  Please tell me what slider to move first so it takes bigger head movements to be recognized by the game view in 2D cockpit mode.  Also I want to slow the view change down.  I don't like it to snap to the rear view and skip all the other viewing angles.

Thanks so much if you can help.
Falstar #2 27/05/2008 - 18h14

Registered on : 25/09/2007

Off line

Yes, 2D is jumpy.  :(

If I were you, I'd download FreeFalcon4/RedViper and install it over F$:AF just to get the 6DOF clickable 3D pit.
Don 'Chito' Lito #3 28/05/2008 - 01h59

Registered on : 01/05/2008

Off line

Thanks for the quick answer.  Seems like this question was answered at SimHQ a number of times and concur with Falstar.  Sorry I didn't find an answer to my question before I posted here.  Oh, but I am not a forum member over at SimHQ yet.

But it seems many users have no luck with the jumping views in 2D and so turn off the option check box in the setup menus in Falcon 4 Allied Force under controllers.  In game they use 2D as normal with a Hat switch but do the stake driving in the 3D pit with FreeTrack.

Now if I were to install FreeFalcon or Red Viper, would I need the original Falcon 4 disc or can it be installed over top of Allied Force?
Falstar #4 28/05/2008 - 04h15

Registered on : 25/09/2007

Off line

Don 'Chito' Lito @ 28/05/2008 - 03h59 a dit:

Now if I were to install FreeFalcon or Red Viper, would I need the original Falcon 4 disc or can it be installed over top of Allied Force?

1st... FF4 and RV are sort of the same thing.  FF4 (data and graphics) is powered by RV (.exe and graphics engine).

2nd... FF4/RV will install OVER F$:AF, completly over writing F$:AF.  Some people seem to have better luck adding FF4 to the Orginal Falcon, your mileage may vary.  There are a number of ways to do mutiple installs to have all the flavors.

3rd... Check out www.freefalcon.com/forum
rogermorse #5 29/05/2008 - 13h44

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 11/05/2008

Off line

I can't understand all these names...and version, and mods....

I've tried installing Falcon 4, and Hitiles, and open falcon, but all I get is this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/-45-50.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/-48-15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/-53-39.jpg

When freetrack is enabled with 3dcockpit, the buttons are not 3d (look at laser arm switch).

And textures and graphics are REALLY horrible. I thought there would have been some improvement.

I think i did a mess with hitiles, because they are from allied force....they are Hitiles AF. Guess it doesn't work...

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > If you have Falcon 4 Allied Force let me know...

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).