FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Great potential, but has issues
submdi #1 04/05/2008 - 11h56

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 18/04/2008

Off line

1. Pause key settings won't save correctly. Every time the program is restarted, different keys are saved. I want End or Num 5 key for pause, but it turns into something else when restarted.

2. BIG PROBLEM: If I pause the program while in-game, after a while when I un-pause, the program stops. When I try and restart it, as I click start, it shuts down. Until PC is restarted this continues. <== This is a killer for me when it happens in the middle of an ArmA mission. I am not going to shut down ArmA and my PC to get Freetrack working only until I need to pause it again.

3. To obtain 30 fps with my MS VX-1000 webcam, I need to make an adjustment to the USB Bandwidth setting everytime I start the program. It is always @24 fps until I do this. Why do I have to do this every time?

4. Cannot asign right mouse button to pause/center(edit). <== awaiting v2.2 for this!!

I don't mean to sound ungreatfull for this FREE program. I am greatfull, but I am starting to consider it to be too frustrating to use at the moment.

I hope v2.2 is not far away, and hope it's much less frustrating.
Edited by submdi on 04/05/2008 at 20h42.
babasior #2 04/05/2008 - 12h15

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Please wait, Freetrack 2.2.x is not too far  ;) !

But from now it's time to use 2.1  :p
Kestrel #3 04/05/2008 - 13h01

Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

Thanks for your feedback.

submdi @ 04/05/2008 - 12h56 a dit:

BIG PROBLEM: If I pause the program while in-game, after a while when I un-pause, the program stops. When I try and restart it, as I click start, it shuts down. Until PC is restarted this continues. <== This is a killer for me when it happens in the middle of an ArmA mission. I am not going to shut down ArmA and my PC to get Freetrack working only until I need to pause it again.

Have you tried unplugging and replugging the webcam? Not very practical but would be interesting to know if it works.

To obtain 30 fps with my MS VX-1000 webcam, I need to make an adjustment to the USB Bandwidth setting everytime I start the program. It is always @24 fps until I do this. Why do I have to do this every time?

Some webcams don't remember all settings. Try using Force Exposure (changes camera property page sliders and checkboxes) to apply the bandwidth setting automatically every time a new stream is started.
submdi #4 05/05/2008 - 08h55

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 18/04/2008

Off line

Have you tried unplugging and replugging the webcam? Not very practical but would be interesting to know if it works.

No I haven't but I will. Yes, not practical, and if it works I will not consider it to be a solution.

Some webcams don't remember all settings. Try using Force Exposure (changes camera property page sliders and checkboxes) to apply the bandwidth setting automatically every time a new stream is started.

If I use Force Exposure slider, it has no effect. If I move the slider for USB Bandwith, it immediately makes the fps go to 30. It's normaly at 7, I then move it to 8 or 6, fps goes up, then I set it back to 7 and click apply. Tell me how to use the Force Exposure box to achieve this, as it is cryptic and unexplained.
Kestrel #5 05/05/2008 - 09h30

Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

This can be applied to any checkbox/trackbar control:

Force Exposure

Property page interface

The Property Page Interface is a last resort method that uses a few tricks to access the webcam's exposure through its own property page. Every time a video stream is started an invisible camera property window is created into which the desired changes are made. These changes need to be specified by entering the location of the control to be changed; that is, the page number and the control number (for that type of control; checkbox or trackbar). This requires some trial and error because there can be hidden pages and controls, the reported name of the page or control may assist, but this depends on whether the driver developer gave it an appropriate name. Once the desired control has been located, adjusting its value should correspond with changes in the device's property page and also the video stream.

For example, the exposure control for a Logitech Quickcam Express webcam is the first trackbar (titled Exposure) on the second property page (titled Advanced). Numbering includes zero, so try using number 1 to specify the second property page. It turns out that this is a hidden page with no name. So try 2 instead, this returns a name of Advanced which matches the page name. Moving on to the control number, it is left at 0 because the exposure control is the first trackbar control in the page, the returned name for this control is Slider1. Test by moving the trackbar while the camera is running, it should produce a corresponding exposure change with the image reducing in brightness and the frame rate increasing as the slider is moved to the left. In this case it works, so the exposure is then set to the desired setting and the next time a video stream is started it will automatically be applied.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).