FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  head set production .
kartel #1 01/05/2008 - 18h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/04/2008

Off line

hi . i am just wondering if any of you forum members could make some kit .

Like a modified camera , and a head set clip and sell them to suport this web site and  make some extra $ i would be the first to buy one . i mean how much could it be  >? 20$ for the cam 5 $ for the materials . take that and double it and you are still paying like 1/4 of the other stuff out ther .

If anyone interested to make me one  i would  love to get my hands on one of these .

thanks . and What a GREAT thing you guys are doing out there . helping us all to get a greater  gaming experiance.  well

let me know :D
didja #2 01/05/2008 - 20h10

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Kestrel had had such a project, but we haven't talked about it since.

Kestrel, you are still willing to do it ?

Rémy ;)
Posted Image
lilpunk1302 #3 01/05/2008 - 23h02

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

I might be able to comjure up something like this for you.

But it'd be nice if you can find a few more people that need kits, so I can go out and buy 100 packs of LED's and all other materials.
That way the cost ends up being cheaper.

As far as camera goes, I don't think it's be a good idea to add cameras to the kit, as thy're fairly...unsmall, liek a kit can fit into a bubble envelope and be shipped(out of Canada) for $10.

With a camera it has to go into a box, and ends up costing like $20.

So yeah, I might do something like this but I need a couple people to ask, so I can go ahead and order bulk.
didja #4 02/05/2008 - 17h20

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

All of this sounds great ! :)

But I think kartek was thinking about a mounted head set clip, I mean something that you buy and you just have to plug it in and put the whole think on your head ^^ .

But being able to sell some kits with all the material you need to build a clip/cap would be quiet interesting as well.... :D

Rémy
Posted Image
kartel #5 02/05/2008 - 17h36

Off line

Well i got a camera that i removed the  infra red out of . but i cant find my self a floppy disk to save my life and i tryed with some photographic negative thing but that did work either . and now i am trying with  some layers of electrical tapenot so good  .

As for the kit . i can  put it together  my slef  i got all the tools i need . i just can find the right set of leds and resitors and the right kind of IR leds and power suply for it .and i old Floppy disk :S .

you guys should defenitly put together . some  kits . the ones that you can asemble yourself . and some tha you just blug and play and have everything  Cam and head set led cliper.

i dont meant to be a picky guy but  200 $ for a similir kit is like just sooo over priced.

anyway thanks for your time . and if you want to hook me up with a head set led thing and a floppy disk  lol let me know i use paypal ..

Later guys and again Great job on doing this .
lilpunk1302 #6 02/05/2008 - 21h46

Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

What was wrong with using photo negative?

Worked for me(When i still used IR)
Then again, it still works, with standard red LED's.
kartel #7 04/05/2008 - 02h26

Off line

i dont know . it didnt work for me . i must of   mest something up .

man who knew finding a floppy disk could be so hard . i found some new one for sale for 15 $ LOL  NO THANK YOU ..

anyway. still hoping some one will hook me up with a  headset cliper  or something and a  floppy disk lol

later guys .
marcusw #8 03/06/2008 - 06h43

Registered on : 17/04/2008

Off line Www

haha,

I just saw this post! Thats so funny! Anyway, let me know when your cap (and floopy disc, lol) arrives. I'm hoping it already has. I'm still waiting on gnomie to get back from holiday, hopefully his is home too.
The only way to fly!!!
Posted Image

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).