FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > just installed and have questions about problems

RSS >  just installed and have questions about problems
retired #1 22/02/2008 - 22h48

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/02/2008

Off line

Hi,
 I just installed Freetrack and have built a 4-IR LED setup on a hat. That's working fine.

I installed the software, set it up and it works partially...

My computer:
ASROCK Dual with Intel Duo2Core CPU, Radeon 2900 pro video card, 2 GB DDR2 Ram. WinXP. 21" CRT Monitor. My Webcam is an older USB Twinklecam.

Note: I have a Track IR2 Sytem someone gave to me, when they upgraded, but I was not satisified with that. I have also tried another type of free track software somone else created the software for, but can't remeber the name right now, but it is/was like Freetrack. So I am familiar with the setup.

But,
  I get long freezes from Freetrack and have to close it with alt-trl-dlete and select Freetrack, then close it. It also show very heavy CPU usage when the problem arises. I searched in the forums for the word freeze, and no one else seems to have posted anything on freezes. Also, the sensitivity of headmovement can't seem to make less snesititive.

Is there someone else with a similiar setup or tips on fixing it?

Thanx.

BTW, I am using Freetrack to fly IL-2 1946.
BlindVision #2 24/02/2008 - 23h47

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/02/2008

Off line Www

WELCOME, retired
first of, sorry to say THE 4-IR LED SETUP HAT is obsolete. -it causes problems.
SO without modifing it, COVER/Disable the center diode, vola 3 Point cap. -try that out and see if it help on your problems.

"I installed the software, set it up and it works partially..." -like what???
AND did you adjust your webcam ???, DISABLE ALL "AUTO FUNCTIONS" like auto exposure and so on.
-I think that is your problem, but its hard to tell from what you wrote.
support FREETRACK developers, the do it FREE for you -HELP them/yourself help others.
-another fun DIY thing to do, works with Free-Track too, HAVE A LOOK
Kestrel #3 25/02/2008 - 03h54

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

BlindVision a dit:

THE 4-IR LED SETUP HAT is obsolete. -it causes problems.

Four point cap tracking works fine.

retired @ 22/02/2008 - 23h48 a dit:

I get long freezes from Freetrack and have to close it with alt-trl-dlete and select Freetrack, then close it. It also show very heavy CPU usage when the problem arises. I searched in the forums for the word freeze, and no one else seems to have posted anything on freezes. Also, the sensitivity of headmovement can't seem to make less snesititive.

Make sure you've read the Hardware and Software faqs. The only high cpu problem I'm aware of is when too much light is visible due to a low threshold/high webcam exposure. You need to be specific about exactly when and how it freezes, try and use a process of elimination to trace the source of the problem.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > just installed and have questions about problems

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).