FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  VX1000 no point detection, freetrack 2.1 dont find any points / strange Video picture
eisenfpferd #1 25/01/2008 - 06h09

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 25/01/2008

Off line

Hi there,

i have a screenshot of my problem but I don´t know how to put it in here and all words here in the forum are french.

Edit: I switched the Language in my profile, and the Image is Here:

http://img161.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45180_freetrack_vx1000_no_point_122_712lo.JPG

My Freetrack 2.1 can´t find any points. The video picture looks very good (with an other camera it was only black and red) and has a small bar at the bottom were the video looks like it was with the other camera.

Only if I move my LED-Torch down to this area the head at the left starts moving a litle bit but in the whole upper part there is no detection of something.

Is my webcam installed wrong? Should I install the dammit LiveMassenger (as recommended during installation)?

And were can I find the setup of my webcam? I can´t believe that I can only change settings over Freetrack. Were can I change the resolution and the compression as explained in the forum?

I bought this camera after reading all the tips about cameras and no nothing works  :(

When it works I will try to build a system with reflektor points on a cap and perhaps I can make a detailed hint because most of you are using LEDs on the cap isn´t it?

My hardware

winxp sr2
directx 9c
Athlon 64 4000+
via chipset
radeon 9550 with omega driver
webcam vx1000

hoping for some help

greetings from germany
Edited by eisenfpferd on 25/01/2008 at 10h23.
tristan68 #2 25/01/2008 - 12h59

Electronicien en chef
Class : Electronicien en chef
Registered on : 10/07/2007

Off line

Hello eisenfpferd.

Freetrack works in High contrast mode only.

You have to setup your webcam and freetrack parameters ,so you ONLY see the dots in the cam window, on the right side (nothing else).

In the example you provided, we can see a complete picture. There are too many informations in this picture for freetrack to discriminate (freetrack sees far too much dots, as indicated in the red light status in the bottom right side of the freetrack window) .

In case it doesn't work in RGB mode , try to switch to I420, freetrack works well with the VX1000 using this setup.

cya.
eisenfpferd #3 25/01/2008 - 20h05

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 25/01/2008

Off line

Thanks Tristan,

I of course tried to adjust the thereshold to see only my lamp.

But I solved it. I dont know why, but today I tryed it once more and it worked.

I now see a black and red Picture and the software finds enouge dots.
I dont know what it was. Perhaps the hard reset over the night.

Now I can going on with filter removal and building reflective points...

cheers

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).