FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Help with 2 DOF
freelancer27 #1 15/01/2008 - 14h51

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/01/2008

Off line

Hey guys,

I've read all the postings here but I'm still having problems.

I built a 1 IR diode 2DOF system for use with Flacon AF.

I've been trying to get it setup with no luck. I have a microsoft lifecam VX-3000 with the IR filter removed and a piece of negetive covering the cam as well as a piece i placed where the IR filter was.

I can get a cross to show in the cam but most of the time its's blinking/ flashing but not steady with the green dot at the bottom of the screen blinking as well. along with the cross there are tiny red dots spread around the screen.

As I try to adjust the settings sometimes the red gets too much and the program shuts down. Also if there is a lot of red on the screen and I put my hand in front of the cap I see a "red shadow of my hand on the screen, I suppose thats the IR diode reflecting off my hand.

NO matter how I adjust the sliders I can't get a steady cross on the screen. It goes from a blinking cross to a couple of blinking crosses depending on where I put the sliders.

I have no clue what to do and I'm staring to get frustrated.

Also the manual has a page on cpture properties but I can't seem to find this on the program.

Thanks for any help or direction you can lend.
freelancer27 #2 15/01/2008 - 15h06

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/01/2008

Off line

Also I drilled a hole in the brim of my hat and placed the diode on the edge. The cap is red and I''m starting to wonder if maybe this was a mistake.

Thanks again.
Kestrel #3 15/01/2008 - 15h16

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

It sounds like you've got too much light, you need to completely isolate the tracking point by increasing the threshold slider as well as reducing the webcam exposure.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).