FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > question for definition of translations

RSS >  question for definition of translations
zwiebacksaege #1 17/11/2007 - 17h58

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/08/2007

Off line

hey guys!

im very satisfied with freetrack 2.1 so far. i use it for 2dof in il2 1946.

now i tried a 6dof version and realized that the translations are always tracked in global coordinates (example: when i watch 90° right i have to move my head left towards the cam to get a zooming-effect) this is very unnatural for me.

would it be possible to switch between global coordinates and actual heading coordinates for the translation in the next version?

thanks!
Kestrel #2 18/11/2007 - 01h28

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

TrackIR(TM) calls it TrueView(TM) and is just a fancy name for a matrix rotation. Many games implement it themselves, however it could be an optional output from FT itself.
zwiebacksaege #3 18/11/2007 - 11h35

Registered on : 27/08/2007

Off line

thanks for response!

didnt know that games do that transformation themselves. would be nice if you could offer this as an option for those games that dont have this transformation.

greetings!
gustav #4 19/11/2007 - 10h17

Registered on : 25/10/2007

Off line

I agree, i was just about to start a topic about not beeing able to "zoom" in other directiions but straight forward, now i know how to do it !

Cheers!
Deimos #5 26/11/2007 - 21h03

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

I agree that it would be nice to have this as a feature in freetrack - lately i set my camera high on the shelf, so it's 45 degrees above me. Its farther away than when it was on my monitor, so i get much wider field of view, but when i move my head forward, freetrack interprets it as forward+down movement Fortunately i'm only using 2DOF tracking at the moment, but i'd hate to return to narrower FOV setup for a 6DOF game.
Kestrel #6 27/11/2007 - 00h48

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

Deimos @ 26/11/2007 - 22h03 a dit:

I agree that it would be nice to have this as a feature in freetrack - lately i set my camera high on the shelf, so it's 45 degrees above me. Its farther away than when it was on my monitor, so i get much wider field of view, but when i move my head forward, freetrack interprets it as forward+down movement Fortunately i'm only using 2DOF tracking at the moment, but i'd hate to return to narrower FOV setup for a 6DOF game.

What you describe is completely different to what has previously been mentioned in this thread. FreeTrack and TrackIR use a vertical camera plane as a fixed reference for tracking, setting the camera angle any differently will cause problems.
Deimos #7 27/11/2007 - 12h00

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

Oh, ok then, thanks for the info :)

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > question for definition of translations

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).