FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Interfacing tracking data
howecome #1 15/11/2007 - 14h04

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/11/2007

Off line

I am currently using key strokes in my own software (a matlab GUI - for those who know it) to detect when I move my head away from the centre.  I would also like to be able to detect when it is back in the centre again.

Is this possible using key strokes?

If not, is it a feature that could be added easily?

If not, I may need to look into using the Direct Game Interface to acquire the data.  I had a look at the NaturalPoint website for the TrackIR SDK but it seems like I have to be planning to develop a commercial product to get it.  Is this what I would need to use to interface with FreeTracK (?) and if so does anyone have a copy of the SDK which they could send me?

Many thanks,

Ally
Deimos #2 21/11/2007 - 02h09

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

I don't know about the direct interface, but freetrack can also output the data by simulating a joystick (using ppjoy) - and that might just be the way to go for you. Interfacing joystick into matlab or at least finding information on how to do it shouldn't be that hard. In fact i saw a few projects using joystick with matlab's data aquisition toolbox on the net before.
howecome #3 21/11/2007 - 13h23

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/11/2007

Off line

Thanks for the reply - I now have something working using the mouse interface.  Timers in matlab require a bit of coercing (fudging) to make them do what I want, but I got there in the end.

If anyone would like the code pm me. If there is much interest I'll see if I can make it available on a website.

I am also the proud owner of a copy of the new FreeTrack SDK (thanks Kestrel) so may go down that line in the future.

The matlab data acquisition toolbox is horrible and should be avoided at all costs ;-)

Cheers,

Ally

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).