FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack for iL2 1946 how to built?

RSS >  FreeTrack for iL2 1946 how to built?
Falco #1 27/10/2007 - 18h25

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/10/2007

Off line

Hi all, I would make a freetrack set for il2-1946 and I've some question about even if I've read carefully the manual and all the post here (I know probably I'm idiot  :gene: ..) but..
1) It appears to me that using the 2.1 version I can use the 3-led system for the purpose of the Zoom in/Zoom-out mode..could anyone confirm that?
2) To built and work with this Zoom feature  do I need to put the 3-leds in "inverted-"Y"-position but -lined in an orizontal position altogether like the manual show for the 3 led OR I need to put the 3rd central Led "on top" of the cap like in the 4-Led system showed in the manual?
3) I've seen the video of building 3-Led of URZE guy (thank for it) but Ive noticed he use it in Vertical position why this? and also  the leds are positioned in a no specular distance up and down one: why this? and is this the method I have to buit my one to work with iL2-1946 too?  I hope my questions are enough clear but sorry I'm not native english :wacko:  thank all for your suggestion/help - Falco
Tundra #2 27/10/2007 - 19h34

Registered on : 26/10/2007

Off line

Yes, with FT 2.1 is possible 6DOF with 3 leds only.
Falco #3 27/10/2007 - 21h15

Off line

Thank you, but what is the difference between the "vertical cateye-hear" model shown in Urzi kit construction and the "orizontal-cap" model described in the manual? And please could someone give a clear explanation about the distances to use in the construction of it (in cm.) I mean between the 3 Led "vertical cateye model" show very different measures between the leds compared to the "cap" model   :blink: what are the RIGHT measures for both models? and why are they so different?  Thanks-
Edited by Falco on 27/10/2007 at 21h20.
Kestrel #4 28/10/2007 - 03h07

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

3-point clip, 3-point cap and 4-point cap are much the same, the only difference between the 3-point clip and cap is the mounting. The clip is typically attached to headphones to the side of the head, opposite the ear.
The dimensions can vary, but the default measurements in the software should be used as a guide.
Falco #5 28/10/2007 - 09h16

Off line

Thank you :D
Jazzer #6 25/11/2007 - 17h55

Registered on : 10/11/2007

Off line

Please can someone tell me where the control is for analog zoom is in IL2 1946 so I can map it to freetrack with PPjoy? I can't see it in the settings. I have done this with LOMAC and it works really well.
Thanks,
J :)
tristan68 #7 25/11/2007 - 21h44

Electronicien en chef
Class : Electronicien en chef
Registered on : 10/07/2007

Off line

Hello Jazzer

no need to use ppjoy with IL2

just :
- Set your freetrack il2 profile to use key output on Z translation axis
- set 2 keys for zoomin/zoomout in IL2 config.
- adjust the Z translation axis for desired sensitivity

thats all.

Works really fine on my setup.

cya
Jazzer #8 25/11/2007 - 22h47

Off line

Sorry for being so newbie but where are the zoom in/out keys set in the IL2 1946 setup? I can't see them. I've tried it with wide view and normal view but it doesn't work quite right.
Thanks,
tristan68 #9 26/11/2007 - 09h46

Electronicien en chef

Off line

hello jazzer

- go to il2 config
- scroll back to the place where the wide view/normal view/narrow view are defined
- you'll notice they're a lot of possible zoom factors, but only 3 of them are associated to the wide/normal/narrow keys
- there are also 2 possible key, unassigned by default, allowing to zoomin and zoomout

Just assign 2 keys to these functions, and try it out (using keyboard first , then with freetrack).

Once correctly configured , you should experience the following behavior :

You have 3 head position zones:  front zone, center zone and rear zone

- holding head in rest zone : no zoom change (zoom stays factor at last value)

- moving your head forward : when entering the forward zone , zooms in until head moves back to center zone or zoom limit reached.

- moving your head back : when entering rear zone, zooms out until head moves back to center zone or zoom out limit reached.

cya
Falco #10 26/11/2007 - 14h46

Off line

sorry tristan you wrote:  "- there are also 2 possible key, unassigned by default, allowing to zoomin and zoomout..."

"Just assign 2 keys to these functions.."

but there are no zoom-in or zoom-out in il2 only increase Fov and decrease Fov and these are not with linear response just one-pass at button pressure... :(
tristan68 #11 26/11/2007 - 17h38

Electronicien en chef

Off line

Falco @ 26/11/2007 - 15h46 a dit:

sorry tristan you wrote:  "- there are also 2 possible key, unassigned by default, allowing to zoomin and zoomout..."

"Just assign 2 keys to these functions.."

but there are no zoom-in or zoom-out in il2 only increase Fov and decrease Fov and these are not with linear response just one-pass at button pressure... :(

Thx

since i wrote the last message from my workplace (sssss... dont tell anyone  :p  ), i didn't have a IL2 1946 avail to give you the exact labelling.

I was indeed talking about the inc FOV and dec FOV commands.

IL2 doesn't have a native Z axis, so you can't (unless using a 6DOF mod) use the Z translation as you use the Xrot and Yrot.

What i told you isn't the only way to do it

Its just :
- working
- easy to setup without modding IL2
- practical to use.

IMO, it does the trick. But if you search a real Zoom axis behaviour (à la Lockon FC  :dry: ), you'll need the IL2 6DOF mod.

It's available at : http://www.allaircraftarcade.com

Perhaps there's another way to get this effect.
I'm always interested in discovering other ways to do things , so just post here.

Thanks in advance

Cya.
Jazzer #12 26/11/2007 - 22h41

Off line

Thanks a lot for the info. This software & site make all the difference. Freetrack makes great games awesome. Cheers,

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack for iL2 1946 how to built?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).