FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Different Angle for Left and Right

RSS >  Different Angle for Left and Right
luca #1 26/10/2007 - 13h19

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 03/09/2007

Off line

Using 3 leds clip in the left ear, the movement for left and right is very different.
The natural horizontal neck movement produce an inequal angle of rotation for left and right.
Posted Image

I think, but I'm not sure that this problem could be amplified by a greater distance from the webcam.
Posted Image

This problem seems to affect "only" the Yaw movement
Stay FREE
Kestrel #2 26/10/2007 - 14h03

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

luca @ 26/10/2007 - 15h19 a dit:

Using 3 leds clip in the left ear, the movement for left and right is very different. The natural horizontal neck movement produce an inequal angle of rotation for left and right.

I've never encountered this. Clip rotation is independent of the clip location so yaw, pitch and roll are always balanced.

What IS affected is the accuracy, you'll find that right yaw is more accurate than left yaw for a left clip mount. This is what your images are showing, they have nothing to do with the observed angle of the clip.
luca #3 26/10/2007 - 14h36

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 03/09/2007

Off line

Thx Kestrel
ok, but turn at my left is much more harder than turn at my right.btw I will try some other position for webcam.

What do u mean with accuracy? right rotation is better than left?
Stay FREE
Kestrel #4 28/10/2007 - 02h41

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

luca @ 26/10/2007 - 15h36 a dit:

but turn at my left is much more harder than turn at my right. I will try some other position for webcam.

What do u mean with accuracy? right rotation is better than left?

Left rotation has less resolution than right rotation for a left clip mount, so left movement will be slightly more granular and less smooth.

I assume this is what you mean by 'harder to turn' because the maximum limit angles left-right must be equal. Webcam position doesn't affect the measured rotation angle.

Single point tracking can produce unbalanced yawing if the point is mounted to the side of the head.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Different Angle for Left and Right

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).