FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > freetrack lagging from pop up tips !

RSS >  freetrack lagging from pop up tips !
frogger #1 10/10/2007 - 06h47

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 10/10/2007

Off line

hey all

im not sure if this is the right place cause eerything is in frence lol

anyway im using a 3 point cap and it worked fine with lomac and fs9
for the first week or so and now if i am setting up the config and a tip pops up its like i have extreme lag sumtimes it will go back to normal long enough for me to shutdown freetrack but most of the time i have to restart my pc.

it only does it if its not minimised i can userly open it click start and minimise it quickly and it works.

the second problem i have is in lomac,

to allow ft to control the zoom i need to use ppoy in doing this the fps drops and the tracking is jumpy is there anyway to fix this ?

ty for the great program and for any help :P

frogger...
babasior #2 10/10/2007 - 06h57

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

is your FPS interpolation valu are the same than FPS valu in cam tab ?

freetrack must be minimised in used because of CPU usage ....
Edited by babasior on 10/10/2007 at 07h02.
Kestrel #3 10/10/2007 - 07h08

Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

frogger @ 10/10/2007 - 08h47 a dit:

a tip pops up its like i have extreme lag sumtimes it will go back to normal long enough for me to shutdown freetrack but most of the time i have to restart my pc.

a tip pops up?

it only does it if its not minimised i can userly open it click start and minimise it quickly and it works.

Using 2.1? You can start/stop by right clicking on the trayicon or using hotkeys, there is also an option that makes FT start minimized.

to allow ft to control the zoom i need to use ppoy in doing this the fps drops and the tracking is jumpy is there anyway to fix this ?

Lomac 1.1 has zoom control without needing PPJoy so I assume you're speaking of Lomac 1.0. Have you calibrated the virtual PPJoy joystick across its entire range?
frogger #4 10/10/2007 - 07h19

Off line

im getting 30 fps and 2 jiter

tip pop up = when the mouse is held over an option and a ballon pops up with info about wat the action does

running lomac 1.02 "not flaming cliffs" if has 2dof without any setup but needs ppjoy to be able to assin an axis to zoom
i had set a 6 axises and still the same
i have seen videos on utube of the same problem in lomac
i have 4dof in fs9 without any jumping so i am woudering if maybe its because lomac is more demanding

um as for setting hotkeys sumtimes it ill freeze up even if i havnt clicked start but i will try it , and this problem started just after i got 2.1 , 2.0 seemed fine
Kestrel #5 10/10/2007 - 07h44

Webmaster (admin)

Off line

frogger @ 10/10/2007 - 09h19 a dit:

sumtimes it ill freeze up even if i havnt clicked start

Can you confirm this?

im getting 30 fps and 2 jiter

Which is good.

i had set a 6 axises and still the same

Do the axes move smoothly in the Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> Properties -> Test window?

i need to use ppoy in doing this the fps drops and the tracking is jumpy

So if you don't use PPJoy fps is fine? Have you measured in-game fps?
frogger #6 10/10/2007 - 08h17

Off line

ok i went to control panel joystick settings and try to calibrate ppjoy and i get only a few axes responding and the ones they respond only go from 0% to 100% of the axis

but in FT i get full movment

if u have msn messenger could u add me to help with this
JONESY819@hotmail.com

ty
frogger...
Kestrel #7 10/10/2007 - 09h05

Webmaster (admin)

Off line

frogger @ 10/10/2007 - 10h17 a dit:

and try to calibrate ppjoy and i get only a few axes responding and the ones they respond only go from 0% to 100% of the axis

This is a known problem, ignore the bar graphics and click on 'Display raw data' to see the correct ppjoy values, calibrate as you would a normal joystick, being sure to move your head across the complete range of possible positions/values, if you can identify which axis is the z-axis then you can ignore the others and concentrate on correctly calibrating it for Lomac.
frogger #8 10/10/2007 - 13h49

Off line

hey kestrel

ive got lomac running prefectly ty for help :P

for anyone else that plays lomac 1.02 i found its best to use ppjoy only for the zoom and x and y axises with direct game input thing

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > freetrack lagging from pop up tips !

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).