FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Point model construction tips

RSS >  Point model construction tips, What I should of done the first time around.
frenzyfol #1 28/01/2010 - 03h16

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 20/01/2010

Off line

I've been using Freetrack for about a month now with my own point model based on the simple parallel IR LED setup posted on these forums. The only difference is that I could not obtain the wide angle IR LED's and settled on the ones with rounded tops.

My rig always got a little bit flaky at the extremes of head turning, usually forcing me to play around with exposures each sitting to get it just right.

Last weekend I decided to file the ends of the LED's flat using some regular sand paper followed by some wet and dry (extremely fine grain) sand paper ($1.00 at a hardware store).

The results are amazing, the emitted field of view has increased and the system works without having to fiddle with any calibration.

Another suggestion if I may, would be to create a mock up of your rig, and look at yourself in the mirror (or webcam). Move your head as much as you would during game play and ensure that each LED is not obscured.
Unfortunately I had to re-rig my top LED because when looking up the light became obscured by the end of my cap.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Point model construction tips

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).