FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Delay
Harm #1 23/09/2007 - 20h05

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/09/2007

Off line

i watched some videos about FreeTrack and after a view videos i saw a bit delay between real head movement and head movement in the game, is it really so ?
didja #2 23/09/2007 - 20h38

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

It depends of your settings.

If you are telling of the "what is it ?" page film it was recorded with one of the first versions and the settigs wasn't very well...

So, now, the delay is negligible (dependings of the settings of course) ! ; )

Have a good day ! : )

Rémy
Posted Image
Kestrel #3 24/09/2007 - 02h29

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

Harm @ 23/09/2007 - 22h05 a dit:

i watched some videos about FreeTrack and after a view videos i saw a bit delay between real head movement and head movement in the game, is it really so ?

There's some pretty dodgy videos out there...

The optional floating deadzone applies a delay to small movements but doesn't intefere with medium to fast movements. This delay makes the virtual in-game head much more stable, otherwise you would need to keep your head extremely steady, to the point of neck injury, to get a stable view.

The 'average' setting delays movement (whether fast or slow) significantly but is no longer required in v2.1 for good tracking.

The only other delay is from the webcam frame rate, which is typically 33.3 milliseconds (for 30fp) which is tiny, you can't move your head fast enough for that to be a factor.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).