FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > For HAWX should I buy TrackIr?

RSS >  For HAWX should I buy TrackIr?
Patrone #1 29/03/2009 - 08h21

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/03/2009

Off line

I keep on searching the net for an answer to my question:

how about the support of Freetrack in Hawx?

it seems that TrackIr has 6dof in Hawx - Freetrack is not working

I tried the ppjoy way but that is not really an option (bad tracking and dumb continious pressing of the camera button), also tried the mouse option (again with camerabuttonpressing and bad tracking).

Why can't Freetrack work like Hawx like it does in Il2?

I use a VX1000 with 3point tracking on version 2.2...

somebody has an answer???
Patrone #2 01/04/2009 - 11h36

Off line

I have bought the Trackir set - very good as expected allthough the Freetrack system also responded well (but not in Hawx an BoB Wings of VictoryII) - now with TrackIr I have splended support in all games.

Silly i just made a couple of very good 3point IR-clips (based on bicycle 3led lamp where I exchanged  the leds with the osram IR-leds).

Keep up the good work Freetrack developers, an keep in pace with Trackir
jbalat #3 10/04/2009 - 02h58

Registered on : 21/08/2007

Off line

So is TIR working in HAWX ?
What do you think, was it worth the $$ or should I wait for Freetrack to get up to speed ?
Patrone #4 17/04/2009 - 08h23

Off line

The tracking support in HAWX is very limited (due to the game itself - for instance you cannot look behind you in the cockpit allthough there are all-glass canopys there). The Trackirset is working very well. I hate the cablebased clip of my trackir (for freetrack i created a nice little battery operated clip for my headset)

My opinion: Tracking works best with Il-2 (Freetrack is as good as Trackir here) and Wings of Victory (no Freetrack support - you can even open the canopy an view alongside the fuselage - but the game itself is badly coded - allthough I have a quick watercooled quadcore pc the performance drops from time to time).

I rediscovered Il-2 - what a great game - started now with Walther Schuck Der Eismeerjäger (expansion) - with tracking support its awesome to play...

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > For HAWX should I buy TrackIr?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).