FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Have you guys seen this?
the_soupdragon #1 18/12/2008 - 08h47

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/02/2008

Off line

One of the guys over on the DCS forums has made a sort of TIR glove using a wii remote and some other bits and bobs.
Very nice and very cool.
take a look here. There is also a link to a youtube vid showing it working, Awsome!!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35202

I am really tempted to make one of these. Plus as you are only using 1 point you could use a cheap non Nintendo wii remote :)

SD
Edited by the_soupdragon on 18/12/2008 at 08h48.
CyBerkut #2 24/12/2008 - 14h58

Registered on : 16/12/2008

Off line

Ayup!  I picked up another Wiimote last night, and plan to put together a glove or finger mounted IR LED soon.

I don't know if the FreeTrack progammer(s) would be interested in adding this sort of capabilty into FreeTrack.  (Basically, adapting the Wiimote Whiteboard code into the FreeTrack interface, with FreeTrack having the option to use a second Wiimote / camera [if someone's CPU(s) can handle the extra load], with settings screens for headtracking and others for finger tracking.)

I could see where that would be a potential strain on support/resources that they might wish to avoid.  Of course, it would certainly make FreeTrack stand out even more as an alternative to TrackIR.  I would think such a program would be that much less likely to get snubbed/shortchanged by sim/game authors (ala the recent DCS: Black Shark happenings...).
saied #3 25/12/2008 - 16h36

Registered on : 06/10/2008

Off line

it seams easy. but what is the kind of switch is that and what is that called and where can i get one?
alengrew #4 04/07/2011 - 12h33

Registered on : 11/05/2011

Off line

No I have not seen it..

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).