FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Profiles
cloudyifr #1 08/10/2008 - 20h42

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 05/02/2008

Off line

From what I understand is that the profiles all need to be reaccomplished.

But when I open up the Profile tab there is a Default listing and if I open that then there is a whole list of profiles, but they don't seem to change between the profiles.  Also when I click on the names they are not placed in the windows bar.

So what are these profiles for?

Posted Image

Thanks
Curtis
Montana
zkalos #2 08/10/2008 - 20h59

Registered on : 15/10/2007

Off line Mail

I have too ! The profiles don't changes anything . And I don't find english manual.
sorbifer #3 09/10/2008 - 05h35

Off line

I am afraid that this profiles list feature is not so easy to be understand. As far as I understand and use it:

1. There is one Default profile with a sublist of possible game connections and ONE file for this purpose
2. You can create new profile (any name) and a separate file will be used for it
3. Auto connection is done in Programs.ini (manually only? in UI also possible?) as GAMEID=NAME list
4. In Freetrack.ini there is a line that says what profile is loaded at start

Best regards!
Sorbifer.
didja #4 09/10/2008 - 20h54

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

How to find the english manual ;) ?

Posted Image

Profiles - Programs
When a FreeTrack or TrackIR enabled program is started, its associated FreeTrack profile is automatically loaded. Associating a program with a profile simply involves dragging and dropping the program name into the desired profile. Programs that have not been assigned in this way are assigned to the Default profile, which cannot be deleted. When a profile has at least one program assigned to it, the profile can be expanded and contracted using the box to the left of the profile name to display and hide the assigned programs respectively. Profile auto-loading is enabled by default but can be disabled with the Auto-load profile checkbox in the Global tab.

When FreeTrack is running, unknown FreeTrack enabled programs are automatically added to the list of known programs when they start but TrackIR programs need to be manually added. This is because the FreeTrack interface uses a descriptive name for program identification but the TrackIR interface does not. Instead, a dialog box appears (silently) when an unknown TrackIR program is started so that when FreeTrack is next restored, the program can be given a meaningful name. Try to name the program before starting another because this can create multiple dialogs which can be easily confused. New programs are automatically assigned to the Default profile.

Programs that aren't FreeTrack or TrackIR enabled cannot be identified so profile auto-loading is not possible. The appropriate profile needs to be manually loaded before starting the program.

All known programs are listed in the Programs.ini file and their profile assignments are in the FreeTack.ini file.

Hope it helps :) .

Rémy
Posted Image
Chrester #5 12/10/2008 - 09h58

Registered on : 15/05/2008

Off line

i dont getting it to work in GTR2 or Race07/Evo. It works fine in LFS though.
I created new profiles for each game in a fresh install of FT. Cleaned the comp out of old 2.1 before installing the new 2.2.
I highlight the new created profile before starting the game. Everything is ok in FT. 30ish fps and all, skull is moving nicely.
Out of ideas now.

XPHome SP3.
Cheers!
sorbifer #6 14/10/2008 - 13h07

Off line

I do not know how to drag-n-drop the profil assignment (progr name? from what?) but SIMPLE EDITING of files Programs.ini and FreeTack.ini works OK. Look inside the files and you will understand how it works...

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).