FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Do you need a profile to play a game?

RSS >  Do you need a profile to play a game?, Will this work w/ COD4 and DOD:S?
Citizen_Insane #1 05/03/2008 - 09h03

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 05/03/2008

Off line

I don't actually have a webcam yet (that newegg order I put in tonight should take care of that tho :p ).  I saw Eve was on the list for support so I figured it'd be worth trying out.  Anyway, I was wondering if you needed a profile to make games work.  Can I just manually tweak it until it works ok?  Has anyone tried using FreeTrack in an FPS?
didja #2 05/03/2008 - 15h07

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Oh yeah, you don't need any profile, you're going to make your own ;)

Rémy
Posted Image
lilpunk1302 #3 21/04/2008 - 00h16

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

There is only one FPS that natively supports Freetrack(Well not really, it supports TrackIR, but Freetrack rips off the technology)

And what sets that game apart is the fact that the heads arn't attached to the bodies, IE you can be walking one way, and looking another.

I don't remember the exact name, but I think it was Armed Assault, checkl the TrackIR site.
tankbuster #4 22/04/2008 - 21h33

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 27/08/2007

Off line

Armed Assault does indeed support both FreeTrack and TrackIR.
It works better than your description though. Yes, the head can look in one direction while the player moves in another, but it does more than that.
FT can control zoom, player lean and prone/kneel/stand posture.
submdi #5 23/04/2008 - 05h30

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 18/04/2008

Off line

I haven't really been able to setup "Lean" in ArmA to a point where I'm happy to have it enabled :(

I want to have that functionality, but it is too hard to find a point where I can turn my head and not have the axis I've chosen for "Lean"to be effected.

I have tried both the Role and the X axis, but either one is still effected to a degree by simpley turning my head.

I don't want to have lean activate while I'm trying to run and look around. Sometimes I'm running because I'm coming under fire, and if I should happen to lean, well then I'm probably going to get shot.
Edited by submdi on 23/04/2008 at 05h31.
Kestrel #6 23/04/2008 - 07h47

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

submdi @ 23/04/2008 - 06h30 a dit:

I have tried both the Role and the X axis, but either one is still effected to a degree by simpley turning my head.

Have you tried using deadzones on the response curves?

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Do you need a profile to play a game?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).