FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Black Screen
cloudyifr #1 05/02/2008 - 22h54

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 05/02/2008

Off line

Perhaps this is the wrong forum but I'm not sure of the issue.

I installed Free Track then installed the VX-1000 webcam, installed the software and hooked up the camera when told to do so.  I removed the IR filter and put a Floppy disk over the lense as a filter.

Then in Free-Track things seem ok, a lot to learn about the settings though.

Then when I run Condor Soaring Simulator I get to the main menu then when I select "Fly" I get a black screen.  Never had the problem before.  I tried with the webcam off and Free Track off so I reinstalled Condor and still have the issue.

My question is:  Which program would you suspect messed things up?

Thanks
Curtis
Montana
Vortex01 #2 05/02/2008 - 23h37

Off line

I had the same thing happen with Aces High II. I can no longer use it on that profile. But when on my daughters logging I can navigate to Aces High and run it just fine. So it screwed up something that is profile dependant I guess. So try it on a new user profile and see if the game works.

I reinstalled Freetrack on the new profile and will begin testing with it again, after I sand down the diodes in my 3 piont hat.

Also I am seeing alot of freezes, not crashes really but the program just stops, and does not respond. I can ussually get it to shutdown from the task bar but even then I am forced to reboot to get my cam back up.
cloudyifr #3 06/02/2008 - 14h39

Off line

I uninstalled Condor, Webcacm, Free Track and my ATI display drivers (ATI Radeon 9600 video card).  Then used Driver Cleaner to clean things up.

Reinstalled the ATI drivers then Condor.

Ran Condor worked great.

Then installed Free Track, now Condor has Black Screen.  So I'd guess the problem is with Free Track.  Bummer!

Curtis
Montana
Kestrel #4 06/02/2008 - 14h59

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

Does it only do it when FreeTrack is running? What about when FreeTrack is not running but installed? Also test to see whether the webcam is involved by running it in a different app and starting Condor. Which version of Condor are you using? The latest?

What cam do you have Vortex01?
cloudyifr #5 06/02/2008 - 16h11

Off line

It does it whether Free Track is running or not but still installed.  I'll try removing it in a bit.

I reloaded DirectX thinking that was something in common as none of my flightsims work now!

I do have the latest Condor, just purchased it Saturday!

Hope someone can get me fixed up.

Oh, the tracking in FreeTrack is perfect!

Curtis
cloudyifr #6 06/02/2008 - 16h18

Off line

Just hit the Uninstall on Freetrack, ran Condor without rebooting and works great now.  So the problem I'd assume definately has to be with FreeTrack.

Perhaps I'll try downloading it again and go from there.

Curtis
cloudyifr #7 06/02/2008 - 16h19

Off line

Oh, I have a Microsoft Vx-1000 webcam where  I removed the IR filter inside and added a floppy disk to the outside lens.

Curtis
cloudyifr #8 06/02/2008 - 17h18

Off line

More info.

Perhaps this will help someone solve this issue for me.

Also, with Free Track installed but NOT running I noticed that in MS Internet Explorer when a video is embedded there via say YouTube I couldn't see the Play button in the video nor play it.  I also couldn't go to YouTube and play videos.  Seems that it's causing some issue with like what FRAPS is recording in, can't recall what it's called but it's video outside of windows such as games also.

Really hope this helps, other than this major issue, which may be easy to fix, I think Free Track will work great, it does during the setup menu, head movements are perfect!

Thanks so much.
Curtis "Frustrated in Montana"  :lol:
Vortex01 #9 06/02/2008 - 19h38

Off line

I am using an old Phillips 200 and was thinking that may be the issue or part of it anyway since now that I have freetrack running on a different profile it crashes when I try and change cam settings. (about 50% of the time) Then I reboot. I will get a new cam soon and give it another go.
cloudyifr #10 06/02/2008 - 22h56

Off line

I wonder if it'd have something to do with the D3Dx9ab.dll file?

Hmmm, over my head.

Strange it blacks out the screen on all my games even when it's not running!

Curtis
Kestrel #11 07/02/2008 - 01h31

Webmaster (admin)

Off line

Instead of uninstalling FT, try renaming the NPClient.dll file and do the same tests you did before and report back. Also try doing the same with either FreeTrackFilterSSE2.ax or FreeTrackFilterMMX.ax depending on which is listed (MMX or SSE2) in the bottom right of the Cam section of FT.
What's your OS?
cloudyifr #12 07/02/2008 - 07h36

Off line

Kestrel,

Well now you're on to something!

I renamed NPCLient.dll to .old and Condor ran perfectly!

I renamed it back to .dll and I had the black screen.

Then I changed only FreeTrackFilterSSE2, as that's what is listed in the Cam section, to .old and I had the black screen.

I'm running WinXP SP2 Professional.

So it definately has something to do with the NPClient.dll.

Now what?

Thanks so much.
Curtis
Montana
Kestrel #13 07/02/2008 - 12h42

Webmaster (admin)

Off line

Check your PM
Realplayer #14 08/02/2008 - 21h55

Registered on : 07/02/2008

Off line

I have exactly the same problem, could you please help me?
Gravata #15 10/05/2008 - 04h39

Registered on : 10/05/2008

Off line

Just registered here because of this same problem with DiRT. After using Freetrack at least once DiRT stop working. If you rename NPClient.dll or the Freetrack folder the game start normaly. And if you rename folder, start and close freetrack, and return original folder name, DiRT start working again till you run Freetrack once more. So, the only solution I've found so far, is to reaname freetrack folder everytime I play DiRT and forget about head tracking on it. Hope this can be fixed in next version and hope it's not dificult to do so. FreeTrack changed the racing gameplay in a way I can't be without anymore. Thanks to the amazing people responsible for FreeTrack. And sorry for my bad english ;)

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).