FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Will the night vision webcams work???

RSS >  Will the night vision webcams work???
Murphy #1 02/10/2015 - 22h25

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/09/2015

Off line

I just realized they sell an actual webcam that is designed for night vision..  They even have built in IR Leds..

If I blocked the IR Leds from providing any extra illumination, would one of these camera work well with free-track?

Check out this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-1-0-Megapixel-Camera-Web-Cam-W-Mic-Night-Vision-for-Desktop-PC-Laptop-/221853554964?hash=item33a7809914
Steph #2 03/10/2015 - 15h04

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

at this prise give it a try. No ir-filter remove necessary. Be sure to get at least 30FPS out of it and just add a good daylight filter.

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=3972&message=19297

Looking at your previous posts you mentioned some difficulty for the detection of your LEDs. How did you build your mount? Do you got the specs of your LEDs?
Murphy #3 03/10/2015 - 20h18

Off line

Steph @ 03/10/2015 - 17h04 a dit:

Hi,

at this prise give it a try. No ir-filter remove necessary. Be sure to get at least 30FPS out of it and just add a good daylight filter.

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=3972&message=19297

Looking at your previous posts you mentioned some difficulty for the detection of your LEDs. How did you build your mount? Do you got the specs of your LEDs?

Actually, per some advice from another forum, I'm ordered a Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 as another member testifies it works quite well.

I built my mount using some headgear from a welding helmet safety shield.. Very sturdy stuff.
I'm an electrical engineer and build high-powered leds for lighting my home and growing seedlings for our garden so I'm confident my leds are working fine.

My first problem was that the PS3 Eye Cam I purchased was the wrong type that can't be modified.  The IR filter was sandwiched between two pieces of glass.
My second attempt was using my wife's webcam.. but its either not compatable with free-track, or it has a strong IR Filter in it becaus the image in freetrack is just black and white and heavily shaded.  Almost like a charcoal drawing in that I could see shapes but almost no detail at all.  It would only show the IR's on my wifes cam if I held them very close to the lens.

Once I get the vx3000 here, everything should go well.  I'll post some pictures of my set up when I get it all completed.
Stormrider #4 03/10/2015 - 20h26

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Actually, per some advice from another forum, I'm ordered a Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 as another member testifies it works quite well.

that one I've also used and it worked great.Easy to remove the ir-filter.
Murphy #5 04/10/2015 - 00h01

Off line

Finally got around to sending webmaster@free-track.net a donation of $15 USD.

I just sent it direct through my paypal instead of using the donation page here.. I was having problems with it.

Thanks for the great software!!

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Will the night vision webcams work???

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).