FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Bothersome PS3 eye.
Sasha84 #1 28/08/2015 - 08h28

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/06/2008

Off line

So, I got myself a PS3 eye since it is considered the best thing not only for freetrack but for various touch screen and general DIY that involves a camera.

First camera was
SLEH-00448 and it was with problem IR filter, (I killed it but kept the body, I might try with 3rd party telescope and lense later)
Second was SLEH-00448 as well, from the same shop but this time it looked bit different and had removable IR filter.

After removing IR filter from the cam I lost some focus tho.
After installing latest CLeye driver I ended up with ntdll.dll crash in freetrack even with "Freetrack2.2.0.279CLeyePatch" I found.
For some reason PS3 eye does not want to keep its settings, I have to readjust everything every time I start a freetrack.
[All of the above are fixed now or found workaround]

Noticed PS3eye constantly have lights on.
Rear of the camera (the pcb board) is a little bit warm so that means camera constantly working.
I wonder how does that reflect on camera itself, my current camera turns on only when I run freetrack.
Will it last trough the whole year constantly on or maybe I can turn it on/off via driver?
Later I might look into turning it on off with bat file.

EDIT:
Dealt with some issues.

Lost focus was regained with a hint from some other forum.
I read that removing IR filter switches focal point and that sanding down rear of the telescope brings lens closer and regain lost focus.
It worked and I have my focus back, I could also use some plastic lens I had lying around, it worked just as well but sanding down was more elegant solution.

For ntdll.dll crash workaround is quite simple, all I had to do is click "stream" tab and then ok before starting the camera.
For some reason if you click "Start" you get ntdll.dll error, if you click "stream" then "ok" then "Start" the camera, everything will work just fine.
it also solved my issue with losing settings, apparently whenever this crash occurs, it just resets all settings, if you do it like I said, everything will be saved and loaded perfectly fine each and every time.

Cant test how cam reacts to parasitic lights since its pretty cloudy arm but it catches my leds much better than my vx1000 ever did, it provides good enough fps to use it with RBR comfortably and without lag.
Pretty awesome.
Edited by Sasha84 on 28/08/2015 at 20h52.
Stormrider #2 29/08/2015 - 12h38

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

First camera was
SLEH-00448 and it was with problem IR filter, (I killed it but kept the body, I might try with 3rd party telescope and lense later)
Second was SLEH-00448 as well, from the same shop but this time it looked bit different and had removable IR filter.

This also happend to me, I thought that that SLEH-00448 was always the good type, but it is the type of lense used makes the difference.
http://www.peauproductions.com/blog/2009/04/17/the-two-types-of-ps3-eye-stock-lenses-pictures-of-each/

If your camera stays on, it is possible that somewhere maybe in the bios or other energie setting you have some wake-up setting for usb enabled.

Iam glad you solved your problems and share this on this forum.Posted Image
Edited by Stormrider on 29/08/2015 at 12h38.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).