FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Elite Dangerous HUD flicker.

RSS >  Elite Dangerous HUD flicker.
Blindasabat #1 01/04/2015 - 15h58

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 02/05/2011

Off line

Hello, I have a serious problem with HUD flicker using Freetrack, I had this problem from launch day but I was hoping they would fix it but it's still there.
Tried various things, increasing the fps multiplier looked promessing but no dice.
I use a Xbox360 live cam at 320x240 60 fps.
It pretty much renders the game unplayable, unless I give up Freetrack altogether. :(
Steph #2 01/04/2015 - 16h52

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Try with FacetrackNoIR and Freetrack protocol to see if the problem persist.
Blindasabat #3 01/04/2015 - 17h27

Off line

The problem I have with FacetrackNoIR is that I can't bring up the camerasettings to disable auto exposure.
Stormrider #4 02/04/2015 - 09h27

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

The things I should check if I had your problem ar:

1) does your game have an Epilepsy Filter, in my game you can get weird effects if turned on  on one pc and an other you can't play when it is on.If your game has it, try what happens with it turned on and of.
2)Do you use any overlay-software for recording?Software like fraps, msi afterburner, nvidia shadowplay, Radeon Pro, Sweet FX or others.Try your game with this sort of software turned off.
3) There has been an update of windows  Update KB2670838 which caused problems on win7 with graphics.
4)You can also try to limit your fps to 30fps to look if it solves your flickering.

I fly in Cliffs of Dover and the sort off flickering I sometimes had was solved by deleting the cache of Clod and running/repairing directx.In my game if I deleted the cache, it makes  with startup  a new one.
If you make any changes, first make a back-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blindasabat #5 07/04/2015 - 23h11

Off line

Thanks Stormrider, I've looked into and tried most of the things you suggested but it didn't solve it.

I did try some more tweaking with the framerates of the camera and come to the point the HUD only flickers once a minute or so.
I've set my camera to 57fps multiplied by 4 and limited the E:D's framerate to 61fps using MSI Afterburner as E:D itself didn't allow me that limit.
I also set "Disable camera gui lock-on" to ON, so the holographic menu's won't glitch anymore.
Edited by Blindasabat on 07/04/2015 at 23h12.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Elite Dangerous HUD flicker.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).