FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > 3 Point Clip - different dimensions

RSS >  3 Point Clip - different dimensions
Sethz #1 13/01/2015 - 10h30

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/01/2015

Off line

Hey guys,

i want to build a freetrack device.

Right now I'm wondering why there are different dimensions listed as recommended in the pdf manual and here in the hardware guide on the forums?

PDF Manual: 6cm 6cm 8cm 8cm

Forum: 3cm 4cm 7cm 8cm
Posted Image

I read somewhere that it doesn't matter as long as the geometrical dimensions are right and its not too big/too small.

But as far as i know this are different geometrical dimensions.

Maybe someone can bring some light into this.
Stormrider #2 14/01/2015 - 19h42

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

I read somewhere that it doesn't matter as long as the geometrical dimensions are right and its not too big/too small.

yes that is right.It al depends on the webcam and the distance you sit of your webcam.
What you need for good tracking is three good visible dots who don't melt together when you move your head.
On this picture you see what happens if your model is to small(leds to close to eachother)
Posted Image
He looses one dot and your view ingame start to react weird.
Steph #3 14/01/2015 - 20h09

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

that means that when your are scaling the mount, you do not necessary need to look for the same size ratio but some basic conditions must be respected.
Like:
- When moving your head in every direction the LEDs must not overlap at any moment
- in side view every Led is on a own layer: lower, upper and middle.
- lower LED distance from middle LED is longer then upper.

...hope this will help.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > 3 Point Clip - different dimensions

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).