FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Configuring Freetrack - Genius i-Look 300

RSS >  Configuring Freetrack - Genius i-Look 300
chypsa #1 19/11/2014 - 08h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 19/11/2014

Off line

Hi guys.

I've been trying to configure Freetrack with Genius i-Look 300 these past few days and I've been running into something I find weird.

I've yanked out the IR filter from the camera and when I start Freetrack, my image looks like this:

Posted Image

When I place a floppy disk 'floppy' in front of the lens, the image looks like this:

Posted Image

Obviously, the camera somehow compensates for the floppy and still pulls off the image. Plus, there's a whole bunch of IR light around and Freetrack is picking up too many IR sources.

When I turn on the headtracking device I made, it does detect the 3 points, but obviously it can't use only those because the image is flooded with IR.

If I lower the treshold it gets better and I get this, but I never get ANY head movement indicated on the skull...

Posted Image

I haven't found any camera software except for the driver for Windows 7 64-bit so I don't really know how to configure the Auto-Exposure etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...
Steph #2 19/11/2014 - 13h35

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

no autoexposure at all.

You need to disable all auto-function of the webcam, otherwise it try to compensate the filter.
chypsa #3 19/11/2014 - 14h13

Off line

But, how do I turn off auto-exposure if the camera has no software, just a rudimentary driver?
chypsa #4 20/11/2014 - 07h36

Off line

Right...I rebuilt the system with 3 new LEDs and it's shining much brighter now, however I'm not sure how to configure it so that moving forward is registered as zoom. Is there something special I need to do?
Steph #5 20/11/2014 - 18h43

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

chypsa @ 19/11/2014 - 15h13 a dit:

But, how do I turn off auto-exposure if the camera has no software, just a rudimentary driver?

When you click on "Camera" button normaly the "Camera Properties" Window opens to change settings.

For some basic axis settings  check this:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=4039&message=19522

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Configuring Freetrack - Genius i-Look 300

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).