FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Software set up?
kormart #1 20/09/2014 - 05h23

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/05/2014

Off line

I'm partially disabled and use Face track no IR in mouse look mode to control the mouse primarily in RTS games.

I use voice programs in order to issue all sorts of other commands to the game.

Whenever I issue a command using either VAC or voice attack (which both use Microsoft's inbuilt Windows voice recognition) the mouse cursor randomly moves to the edge of the screen and I have severe difficulty getting it back. This makes things unplayable.

So I would like to be able to use free track and see if that is compatible with voice attack.

How the hell do I set this software up? It's definitely not as simple as face track no IR…

Is there some sort of walk-through for people? For starters I go to the model section and click on 3 point cap but every time I click start it changes to the icon of a 3 point clip and the video seems to show a clip on the right side and it doesn't seem to recognise anything I'm doing when i move?

Yet face track recognises me Perfectly. The mouse option also appears to be greyed out in face track.

I've played around with it for at least an hour on 3 separate occasions and simply can't get anything happening whatsoever? I can't get it to recognise my cap and I can't move the mouse cursor whatsoever.

Any help appreciated to enable mouse mode and recogonise my 3 point cap.
Steph #2 20/09/2014 - 13h13

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

can you give some informations about your webcam (model, modified or not, filter), your headtrack model (LEDs, dimensions), windows.

Reinstall Freetrack with admin rights under Win7 and 8 under "Program Files x86" (same for Vista).

Choose the model in the  "Model"- section and fill up your dimensions and position.
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=4039&message=19522

In the "Cam" -section you need to check your webcam under "source". Then go for start and check if your LEDs are properly tracked as shown on the screen-shot , (three dots with three white crosses).

Posted Image

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).