FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > List of compatible PS3 Eye Model Numbers

RSS >  List of compatible PS3 Eye Model Numbers
voon #1 05/11/2013 - 08h36

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 05/11/2013

Off line

There's a lot of topics about the PS3 eye, with somewhat contradicting info on the model numbers (new one = impossible, but then someone with a new one made it..?!).

I'd like to gather all existing Modelnumbers (SLEH-xyz etc). This lets everybody easily identify the ones that work and which ones don't (as long as the produced stuck to making all models of a certain number the same and didn't switch in between or randomly). That way, you can use ebay etc ... with the tip of checking the outer lense you get nowhere on ebay sadly :/

So: Everyone owning a PS3 eye and who attemted to modify it sucessfull yor not, please tell me in this thread ... I'll create the list then.

Cheers!

--------------------
Known Numbers
---------------------

SLEH-00448:
At least for my model, this was the "good" cam. It has a rounded outer glass and it had the IR filter glass disc internally that could be easily removed. This leaves a blurry image on the cam afterwards (apparently, the IR disc also has some tiny focussing effect). I can also report, that IR light is visible with the filter in ... it does not seem to cancel 100%, at least not my strong flashing remote control. But: with the IR filter removed, the IR light is MUCH MUCH stronger. People might have luck with very strong IR leds without removing the IR filter inside, though, and thus avoid the image becoming blurry. You can fix the blurryness, if you scrape of a biut of the plastic bottom of the lens, bringing the lens close to the cam chip, but I haven't tried that, yet.

SLEH-00201: ?
Edited by voon on 12/11/2013 at 20h42.
voon #2 05/11/2013 - 15h37

Off line

Just to move the discussion out of the first post. So far, all german ebayers (about 10) I contacted on ebay.de have SLEH-00448 or SLEH-00201.

Can someone tell me if one of them is the "good" one? I woul dguess this is tied to the model number?
SirCannonFodder #3 07/11/2013 - 16h48

Registered on : 31/10/2013

Off line

I have the 201 one, currently waiting for LEDs and other parts to arrive, I'll let you know how it goes.
voon #4 12/11/2013 - 18h43

Off line

I got a SLEH-00448 today. Mine has a rounded outer glass. Installed the ps3 driver and had a good image. Flashed an IR remote control into it and got a white dot ... not sure if it even has a filter of some strength?

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > List of compatible PS3 Eye Model Numbers

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).