FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  So close, yet so far
Spectre #1 18/08/2013 - 20h35

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 18/08/2013

Off line

For the last two weeks, I've been reading the FT website and forums so I would be better prepared when the parts came in to build my point model.  I got it together last night, but progress is at a standstill.

FT does not show my 3 cap LEDs in the window, but they work perfectly in CLeye test.  Judging from the PS3eye red LED being off, FT does not activate it after selection.  Here is what I have done so far:

D/L & installed CodeLabs driver for CLeye prior to plugging-in camera

Plugged PS3 eye and ran test, 3 LED cap detected, made adjustments, exited CLeye test

D/L & installed FT with UAC disabled, but did not run FT
D/L & ran CLeye Patch expanded in FT folder

Ran FT, selected PS3eye, selected 3 LED cap model,  but FT does not activate PS3 eye (no red LED). Selected CAMERA button, but sliders do not respond to mouse, no auto functions checked, any attempt to select them or sliders gives Eaccess violation in module ntdll.dll at 00046B90, access violation at address 77AAB90 in module "ntdll.dll" write of address

Ensured XP scaling deselected for desktop

D/L and installed dx 9c to my windows system 32 folder

Uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled CLeye driver with camera disconnected
Uninstalled, reinstalled FT, but did not run until after install of CLeye patch

Running Win7 32-bit ultimate

Have perused all forum support pages and am out of ideas.  I'm a longtime flight sim enthusiast and have been waiting for affordable head tracking.  I feel like I'm close, but so far I can't FT to see my 3 LED cap.  I would much appreciate any assistance in getting it running!  :snif:

Update:  I installed FT 2.1 and it now sees my cap LEDs.  I know it's going to take some tweaking, but the biggest issue I now have is that pitch and yaw seem reversed.  When I rotate my head clockwise/counterclockwise, the skull looks up and down.  When I tilt my head to look up or down, the skull rotates clockwise/counterclockwise.  The tweaking continues.

2nd Update:  I found an old post that solved the apparent crossed-up pitch and yaw.  It had to do with the measurements entered on the model page and I experimented with different values until I found numbers that worked.  IMHO, the handbook doesn't give clear direction on this and several adjustment parameters, but there are jewels sewn throughout the forum posts if one spends the time to dig them out.  At least now I can use FT in IL-2 and continue to refine the settings.   :D
Edited by Spectre on 19/08/2013 at 03h30.
Stormrider #2 19/08/2013 - 10h16

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Hi,
you have read all the posts????
If you have some problems, first read the replys Step gives.I personal think with the answers Steph give you have a real handbook.
Steph #3 19/08/2013 - 12h40

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi Spectre,

check out this for the basic settings:
Posted Image

Set up your own measurements.

...and:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=3444&message=19106
(Works also for 3-Point-cap)

for profil-settings.
Spectre #4 20/08/2013 - 03h26

Registered on : 18/08/2013

Off line

I appreciate the help you both have given.  Yes, I have perused the English hardware and software support forums, the Games & Profiles forums as well as the General Discussion forums.  For whatever reason, the latest version of FT does not work for me and I think I pretty well exhausted the information available.  I was pleasantly surprised that the previous version came right up and let me set about using FT.

Steph, your diagrams are invaluable explanations.  I bookmarked all pertinent pages with setup information to assist in fine-tuning FT.  It's so much clearer than the manual.

So far, I figure I've got a little under $20 USD wrapped up in the 3 LED cap hardware.  The PS3eye was a good deal and I ran across a quantity of Osram SFH485P IR LEDs on ebay for an extraordinary price, especially when you consider how difficult they are to find in the U.S.  I originally was assembling a 3 LED clip, but the adhesive I was using to construct it was inadequate, so in my impatience, I went the cap route.  My wife and daughter let me riffle through their sewing button stash to find the right diameter to use as a pattern to cut two layers of unexposed film that fit right in the front of the camera.  I was happy to see it detected the IR extremely well without having to remove the internal filter.  So, with perserverance and great help from good people it came together happen.  My IL-2 test flights were a blast.   Thanks again!  :)
Galileo38 #5 23/08/2013 - 13h59

Registered on : 03/07/2013

Off line

Very helpfull reply, big thanks!!!

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).