FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Need a little help please!
Mouldy #16 25/07/2013 - 17h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 28/06/2013

Off line

Only see three, not five. Very rarely get cross hairs and when I do its a very small amount of movement needed to lose them again. The top two dots appear to be over lapping unless I move the clip closer to the cam, much closer.

Have played about with point size but it all seems so critical, a really small window with everything needing to be just so, Ill get a flickering of three greens and then it's all gone again.

Very frustrating!!
Stormrider #17 25/07/2013 - 20h17

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Did you change the treshold slider in Freetrack?You can find it in the cam tab.If you move it to the left your cam becomes more sensitive for light.You have to slide it to the left as long as you can see three dots in the cam picture on the right and no other light sources.And .... you stil must have three green dots.
Enlighten #18 31/08/2013 - 13h01

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 31/08/2013

Off line

I had this problem with Logitech E1000 - you are able to turn the lens ring on the cameras front - this appears to affect the focal distance of the camera - its VERY sensitive ie, half a turn will have the camera focussing from say 2 inches to 3 feet - you have to carefully turn it until you get the dots working at the depth range you want to sit at - yes you can make big compensations as Storm has shown you in this thread to get it working, as your altering sensitivity focal length gain etc etc using software - but it can mean you have some fairly extreme software setting to see your dots - best to adjust that pesky focal length ring CAREFULLY - note -  after you do it if you then alter your software settings back in one big step you'll probably loose the dots again as you have adjusted the focal length (hardware) to work with those software  settings - (if that makes sense?) Move them slowly and you will find the right spot - I spent hours and hours freaking out and scratching my head on this and kept on losing my dots which is why I say go carefully and slowly as its is SOOO frustrating to get it near perfect over say an hour or so - then decide just to tweak it a little bit more and loose the dots all over again !
Hope this helps - I am very noob at this so forgive if that comes over in my use of descriptions and in my explanations. Hope it helps.
Edited by Enlighten on 31/08/2013 at 13h03.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).