FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Window 8 Mircosoft VX-1000 fix start

RSS >  Window 8 Mircosoft VX-1000 fix start, Help with Win8 Mircosoft VX-1000 fix start
LISME #1 10/02/2013 - 07h48

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 10/02/2013

Off line

Yes, Just install fresh new copy Win8 and flight sim X also i had installed freetrack and Mircosoft VX-1000 webcam but when I go to start the freetrack program after select from drop down menu from demo mode I select "Mircosoft VX-1000" then I click start from there a error tab pop-up say "FreeTrack has stop working.EXE" close  freetrack program boot's itself out, I had try a few time more keeping on say same the over and over. This is my first time using freetrack I have purchase everything i need to have this working (1) webcam, (1) party finger ir led light's 5 finger light's per pack, (1) usb 2.0 cable, (1) 5 pack resistor, (1) solder roll, (1) roll wr=ire heatshink for little under $25.00 U.S. from ebay. I have read a few posting on freetrack form say there are fix but I haven't seen a fix for my webcam Mircosoft VX-1000 if someone can show me or link me to a page give me the 1-2-3 step thank would be great. Please help me if you have time! Thank you a bunch!
LISME #2 10/02/2013 - 11h34

Off line

ok I fix it read a post that say choose your web cam "click stream click ok click start" then wa-la & it work a "ok" great job great posting.

Now since I have that working, i have ran into this i had hard time adjusting my single ir led party light, i spent 2 hour touching every setting with no help, can someone show me the step by step how to set setting correctly i'm to new at this. Please help someone.
Stormrider #3 10/02/2013 - 13h37

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Hi Lisme,

You use the single point model, so you don't have 6 dof.
You can see the dot and the skull is moving in freetrack??I think you can because you said you had problems with adjusting.
You can see 8 tabs if you start Freetrack
1 cam
2 profile
3 output
4 curves
5 controls
6 global
7 model
8 about.
At the global tab all the adjustments you make are for all the profiles you have.
At the profile tab you can finetune freetrack for that specific game you want to play.
At the curve tab you can put in some deadzone.If you make the deadzone to big it makes you view changing slower.
At the control tab you can asign keys to funcionts for enablel or disable funtions.

sensitivity at 0 nothing happens at max you just have to move your head a little to look almost behind you.
Smoothing is a sort of shockabsorber.Put it at max and you get the feelling like you are drunk.
At the global tab I have sensitivity at 1,6 for all axes
and the smoothing at 100.
At the profile tab I have sensitivity at 1,4 and smoothing at 120.
I use 6dof (three led cap) so it can be possible that you still have to make some adjustments.
LISME #4 10/02/2013 - 19h09

Off line

Thank you a bunch Oo Wow Yay i got it working with the step you had shown me i even add a few more light's to make it performer better I can move forward and backwards, rest of the light i had use cable tie to tie them on to my headphone now all four ir led light's work perfect's next I have to solder usb 2.0 cable to each any one to have a power source. thank's your step very helpful made my head track move. but now i ran into this problem  when running freetrack with fsx while testing usually 15-20 min's into running both program's freetrack will disappear when you need to go back to tweak with the setting, when i go click on freetrack icon say "freetrack is already running" there is no freetrack window or the drop down page icon, i ever tried  restart freetrack program all it dose is stall ans never reopen's, once it stop i restart my computer and everything is fine angin omce i start all the program to go back to tweak the setting the same process start all over angin. i had this had ever 25-30 min's, Can someone help if they had this happen to them. Be very helpful please give me a hand thank's.
Stormrider #5 10/02/2013 - 20h00

Off line

Hi ,
first about you 25 min problem.I don't know for this moment.What setting are you changing when your problem occurs?
I always got problems while I was tweeking freetrack and I put the game to pause and start it later on.
I don't have any experiance with win8 but I know that in win7 inthe taskbar some icons can be hidden.So make win8 don't hide any icons.
If you can see the icon of freetrack you can right-click on it to restore freetrack.
Otherwise you can start taskmanager and look for freetrack.exe and stop it.
So you don't have to restart your pc.
LISME #6 10/02/2013 - 22h40

Off line

Seem to be ok for know, but I still have to restart once in a while try tweaking some more see if it will go away, you wouldnt know if the trackir track pro clip from Natural point will work with freetrack software would you.
LISME #7 10/02/2013 - 22h44

Off line

Stormrider #8 11/02/2013 - 10h56

Off line

Yes it will work.
Look at this topic,there is a lot explained about track clip pro with Freetrack.
http://www.free-track.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3543

But I've read that they are not very solid( break easely)I also prefer a cap.I can choose to play with or without headset.I also had a lot of problems in
measurements in the model dimensions.Every tme I put my headset away something changes and I had to check everything again.Now I use a cap and don't have that problem any more.
So if you are a bit handy and not afraid of putting some time and effort in it.I should build it yourself.It saves you also money.
I used 3 SFH485P  irleds  (€ 1,65 total)
1 resistor 10 ohm   (€0,06)
and for the power I use a back-up battery pack with usb output( you can also use it to charge your telephone).
But thats something you have to decide yourself.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Window 8 Mircosoft VX-1000 fix start

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).