FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Freetrack 2.2 + PS3 + Track Clip Pro: several issues

RSS >  Freetrack 2.2 + PS3 + Track Clip Pro: several issues
annoluce #1 21/11/2012 - 14h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/11/2012

Off line

Hi,
I'm using this setup with Black Shark 2 from DCS.
Finally I got it to work, together with IRfix, CL drivers, and a dll especially issued for DCS A10. No IR filter, it works as it is.

Here the problems I still suffer:

1. Z axis zooming. Not accurate, very limited, and what's more, I can't really zoom on the gauges like I want (till maximum detail, I mean, I can't zoom on one single instrument). No zoom on lateral panesl. No real 6 DOF.
That's very important to operate the heli.

2. when moving on Z axis, also a lateral movement (X axis) is induced. I don't know how to remove it.

3. When moving on X axis (laterally), passing by the center, the movement is not smooth but has discontinuity, like a sudden jump from one side of the center to the other side. Very annoying.

4. don't know exactly how to place the camera: it is better on the table under the monitor, or medium height, or on the top of the monitor? Tried everything, without having best results.

5. the track clip resides on one side of the head, where to place the camera for best result? I place it on the same side, just in front of my track clip (which is on my left ear side). Is this correct?

I'd really like to solve all this, cause I fear there will be no other solution but purchasing eventually a pricey Track IR.

Thank you

PS I'd also like to hear from Black Shark 2 users, if any.
Edited by annoluce on 21/11/2012 at 14h02.
Steph #2 22/11/2012 - 08h30

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

I'm not using BS2 but anyway: some ideas for your problems:
1. In some cases, zoom on z-axis is limited by the game (to avoid non-realistic zoom view for targets). To apply a zoom in lateral view direction you have to lean forward nevertheless to the cam. This is not natural but it only works like this. For the inversion problem on back view check up this optons:

Posted Image

2. This is probably a problem in the model dimensions and (or) model position section.

Posted Image

Both has to be well measured and filled up. Mainly the model position is a little bit tricky to adjust.

3. How did you set up your curves?

4. and 5. The best position is on axe in front of the clip on the top of the monitor.
Steph #3 22/11/2012 - 12h51

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

The model position works as follow:

Posted Image

H - horizontal
V - vertical
D - depth

C - centre of head
R - reference point
Edited by Steph on 22/11/2012 at 12h56.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Freetrack 2.2 + PS3 + Track Clip Pro: several issues

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).