FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > DC filter and data dropout with trackmapper

RSS >  DC filter and data dropout with trackmapper
howecome #1 12/11/2007 - 16h10

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

First of all, thank you for FreeTrack - from my limited use so far it seems like an excellent programme.

My use of it is not for games though, and so there are a couple of questions which may be new.

I am attempting to track a single LED.  For my use (in academic research) I want to know if a subject moves his head from the central position.  Using TrackMapper, I can detect this easily and have keypresses tell my other software to stop the test and in what direction the head was moved.  Once the subject moves his head back to the centre the test can resume.  However, it seems that when the LED moves from the centre, the point in FreeTrack slowly moves back to the central position.  Is there some kind of DC filter in use?

Also, I have set up Trackmapper to have a relatively small deadzone.  I find that when the position enters the deadzone, the frame rate of the webcam drops to zero and Trackmapper registers NODATA.  In the meantime any movement of the LED is lost.  Is this normal and is there any way to stop this happening?

Basically I wish to continually track the absolute position of the head so any advice on how I can successfully do this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ally
didja #2 12/11/2007 - 18h11

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Hi Howevome !

Did you try with the Key Output wich is available in the "Output" tab ?

Rémy :D
Posted Image
howecome #3 13/11/2007 - 12h04

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/11/2007

Off line

Ah ha!

Your reply confused me until I realised that I downloaded v2.0 rather than v2.1.  The new version is a massive improvement on an already excellent piece of software. :)

This is working much better now.

I wonder, is there a way to detect (e.g. with another keystroke) that the position is back below the threshold (i.e. that the head is in the centre)?

Cheers,

Ally

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > DC filter and data dropout with trackmapper

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).