FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Philips SPC900NC and freetrack V2.2

RSS >  Philips SPC900NC and freetrack V2.2, Freeze !
mazinkaiser #1 05/10/2012 - 10h11

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 04/10/2012

Off line

Hello,

My name is Axel.

First of all, I'd like to thank the Freetrack team for this extremely useful utility. It adds a new dimension to lovers of flight simulation like myself.

I've just built my standalone 3 point clip system with 3 IR leds, running on 2 AAA rechargeable batteries.

I have a Philips SPC 900NC webcam that works like a charm with all my programs and applications... except with Freetrack 2.2.

I use Freetrack with FSX SP2 for flight simulation. It is installed on XP, Seven 32 and Seven 64 (I have a multi boot system).

On Freetrack V2.2, when I choose the camera in the list, and as soon as I click the "start" button of Freetrack V2.2, the whole interface just hangs (or freezes, whichever you prefer).
The camera view shows the light from the 3 leds moving, but I do not have access to any button, so I cannot change any settings, nor "center" the skullhead.
I have to shut down the freetrack program.
The same problem happens whether I'm on XP, Seven 32bits or Seven 64bits.
I  have another SPC900NC webcam, and the problem is identical.

Nevertheless I downloaded the previous version of Freetrack, V2.17, and the system works perfectly... until I turn my head to the left to see my left wing... Then Freetrack V2.17 just freezes and shuts down without any error message...

For both versions I've tried different webcam resolutions from the lowest (I don't remember the exact resolution) through 320x240, 352x288 and 640x480.

Any help or hint would be greatly appreciated :-))))
Thank you in advance.
Axel.

P.S.

Here is my homemade system configuration :

Asus P8Z77 V-Pro motherboard
Intel i7 2600K Processor
3 x Western digital 1Tb Sata III Caviar Blue harddisks
2 x EVGA GTX570HD graphic cards in SLI.
16 Gb  G-Skill Dram memory (4x4Gb).
3 x Benq XL2420 24" monitors for 3D surround with Nvidia 3D glasses.
1 x OCZ ZX Series 1250W Power Supply Unit.

It's has a multi-boot configuration with the following operating systems :

- Windows XP Pro SP3
- Windows Vista 32 bits
- Windows Seven ultimate 32bits
- Windows Seven ultimate 64bits
Edited by mazinkaiser on 05/10/2012 at 12h09.
flyforever #2 05/10/2012 - 18h39

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 09/11/2010

Off line

Install the new version of facetrackNOIR with the freetrack plug in, and you'll have the best of all worlds. You can use the ir clip and have top development support.

I've switched from freetrack and fly FSX on win 7 64 with no issues.

For the plug in, you need to checkout the forum section, since it's still in beta and it's not officially out yet. You will not find it in the download section. The plug is a all in one installation, so there's nothing else to download.

Have fun.
tc

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Philips SPC900NC and freetrack V2.2

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).