FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Have to click Stream before Start every time else crashes

RSS >  Have to click Stream before Start every time else crashes
doveman #1 30/08/2012 - 20h53

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 09/05/2012

Off line

I have to click Stream before Start to prevent Freetrack immediately crashing.

I'm on CL-Eye Driver 5.1.1.0177 and thought I was going to have to rollback to 5.0.1.0218 which I recall worked for me. I tried changing it to MMX instead of SSE2 in the ini, which brought up a warning message about performance on start and still crashed when clicking Start.

Then I changed it back to SSE2 and before clicking Start changed the FPS to 640x480@75FPS and it didn't crash and then I changed it to 60FPS (Freetrack was only showing about 62-63FPS anyway) and it still worked.

I hope there's a fix for this bug as it's a bit complex to have to try and explain to my Dad that he has to click Stream before Start every time to prevent it crashing. I'm not sure if FreeTrack can be launched and auto-started from the commandline but ideally that's what I'd like to do, so I can start it from a batch file that also starts his other flight-sim software, so that he doesn't even see the Freetrack window and obviously that's not going to work if he needs to click Stream before Start every time.
AngeloB #2 02/10/2012 - 11h16

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 01/10/2012

Off line

Hi Doveman!
Can I ask you if you got to have it running-tracking with no click from the startup? I also have a PsEye camera and I would try to  start the tracking with a shortcut key, as suggested in another topic http://www.free-track.net/forum/index.php?act=wm&quotemessage=8449&addreply=1154 but get the same crash - unless I click on Stream.
If you still in trouble, we can work together - if you solved this, please let me know how!
Many thanks,
Angelo
rfxcasey #3 08/10/2012 - 05h34

Registered on : 03/07/2009

Off line

I'm having the exact issue. A fix would be lovely. I've tried all sorts of things to no avail.
AngeloB #4 10/10/2012 - 09h56

Off line

Hi rfxcasey, are you also using the PS eye camera?
It is likely the camera driver, as it doesn't happen with another webcam I tried.
Perhaps we could test different versions of the camera?
Thanks,
Angelo
rfxcasey #5 11/10/2012 - 07h34

Off line

Yes, I have upgraded from my Microsoft vx1000 lifecam to a PS3 camera. Not sure what the exact model of the camera is. The PS3 camera is however displaying superior performance compared to the MS cam. Having to click apply in the stream befor hitting start isn't a show stopper but it gets a little annoying after a while.
AngeloB #6 12/10/2012 - 13h47

Off line

Hello!
Not only it's annoying, to me it is crucial to have the tracking starting automatically with no interaction from the user at all - so I have to solve this(or buy another camera, but I'm also very happy of the PS Eye camera and do not want to switch to an unknown one). I will trying using previous versions of the drivers, maybe they work!
Cheers,
Angelo
doveman #7 01/11/2012 - 20h44

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 09/05/2012

Off line

Hi, sorry I didn't reply sooner, I don't get notifications of replies so I never know about them until I think to check the forum!

I haven't found a fix for this bug but even worse, every time I start Freetrack the PS3 Eye's Gain/Exposure settings have reset, so I have to adjust them every time to get Freetrack working, so clearly there's no way to start tracking without any user interaction. :(

I don't know if other cameras have this problem.
rfxcasey #8 12/11/2012 - 06h15

Off line

It's been hit and miss with me concerning the gain/exposer. Most of the time I start Freetrack, click stream and then apply and the camera auto adjusts to the lights on my cap. I've done something, sometimes that makes the camera set everything to 0 under the gain/exposer. Can't really say what it is as I'm not in front of my home pc right now. I'll have a closer look at it when I get home.

The only other issue I have is that with the leds I am using the camera seems to see some slight pulsating in the light causing me to have a bit of z axis jitter. It like it zooms in and out slightly really fast. Its annoying and I have to basically disable z axis (zooming) to get it stable. I'll probably have to rework my cap and not file the lens on the leds this time. Could also be auto exposer not locking in well.

The PS3 cam is the best I've tried so far. I can't seem to get it to work well at anything above 60fps but 60 is plenty. Would be perfect if not for these little hangups but still worth it.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Have to click Stream before Start every time else crashes

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).