FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  ps3 win7 64 bit HELP
Infinity #1 17/08/2012 - 23h09

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 16/08/2012

Off line

Using Win7pro 64 bit and ps3 eye cam.

Here's the deal.  I've downloaded the only ps3 eye cam driver I can find which is version 5.1.1.177 dated 06/25/2012.  I've searched for the cleyefix, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

The eye cam works fine and works with facetracknoir.  When I downloaded FT2.2, Windows said something like file didn't install correctly, and to choose reinstall with recommended settings or installed correctly.  I clicked on installed correctly.  Freetrack did in fact install correctly as far as I can tell.  I must run it as administrator, but seems to all be there.  However, THERE IS NO CAMERA TO CHOOSE FROM in the selection box.  It's completely empty.

What do I need to do?

Thanks

UPDATE most recent
I've found the cleye fix file from an ealier ps3 eye fix post finally.  Unfortantely, after several attempts of following the repair directions, the eye and freetrack just won't work for me.  I could really use some help here.  I'm using the same system as everyone else.  Perhaps it's the latest ps3 driver.  Like I said down below, I got it to work momentaryily with 2.1.  But now 2.1 or 2.2 won't work anymore.  I guess the biggest issue I can see is that I can't change the camera settings and the "APPLY" button won't highlight.  So there's no way for FT to work after hitting start.  Anyone got an older driver that works?
Edited by Infinity on 19/08/2012 at 06h29.
Infinity #2 17/08/2012 - 23h27

Off line

Well, after a few minutes it finally showed up along with the demo video source.  I didn't do anything.  BUT now freetrack says "a problem caused the program to stop working" once I select the start button (both ps3 eye and demo).  I've read so many fixes for these issues but get lost as everyone doesn't have the exact same issues.  Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Infinity #3 18/08/2012 - 05h33

Off line

Update:

In the Q&A's I found that the camera's exposure must be reduced in the camera settings.  Unfortunately, when I do this I get the dreaded Access Violation errors (Ntdll.dll) so I can't adjust the exposure.

I deleted 2.2, installed 2.1, and had it working momentarily.  I could adjust the camera settings.  That only lasted one time.  Second try, same as above.  Now my camera doesn't seem to want to work.  It has stopped working in facetracknoir too.

I am completely dumbfounded.  Is anyone out there or is freetrack dead???   :snif:
Infinity #4 18/08/2012 - 16h10

Off line

Update:

Reinstalled ps3 eye driver.  Reinstalled FT2.2.  Was able to move camera settings.  Each time got the access violation error, yet was able to set camera settings anyway.  Hit start button.  Freetrack closes/crashes/program encountered problem...etc.

Either it's the eye, or Freetrack at this point.

Anyone????
cheesepie #5 19/08/2012 - 12h00

Registered on : 19/08/2012

Off line

Yeah man im having pretty much the same problems with my Ps3 eye setup. have the latest Cl-eye driver as well as the latest freetrack software with the Ps3 eye fix. Only worked onced, and half of the time it screws up my ps3 eye driver and forces me to reinstall it. Having no luck with this at all. Hope someone knows what to do.
Frans #6 19/08/2012 - 13h01

Off line

I run the cl-Eye test program to capture a small avi file.

I made sure that only the leds are visible in that movie (640x480@75fps) I placed that movie in the Freetrack directory and named it demo.avi. The already demo.avi present in that directory i renamed.

Then started Freetrack and played the demo video. Changed the profile and the model selection while the demo was playing.  Worked without any problems!

So I would say that the support for the latest drivers for the eye camera are not compatible with FreeTrack. Question is : which version of the eye driver is compatible?

Windows 7 32bit
Edited by Frans on 19/08/2012 at 13h01.
Frans #7 19/08/2012 - 13h03

Off line

cheesepie @ 19/08/2012 - 14h00 a dit:

...half of the time it screws up my ps3 eye driver and forces me to reinstall it....

no need to reinstall. Just run the cl-eye test program and reset the "video capture filter" found at the "options" menu
Frans #8 19/08/2012 - 13h42

Off line

Ok, I tried the following
- started cl-eye test to reset the controls like gain etc, then closed it
- changed the "filter" option in the freetrack.ini to mmx
- started Freetrack (as administrator) it will generate a message but will continue to use mmx.
- select the ps3eye camera as source
- clicked the stream button , selected 640x480@75fps
- clicked start
- clicked camera
-  All camera properties settings are now working!  :lol:
- Played around with settings and threshold till I only saw the leds and nothing more.

Working!   :D

W7 32bit, ps3eye (not modified), cl driver 5.1.1.0177, cleye patch installed
Edited by Frans on 19/08/2012 at 13h46.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).