FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Occasionally Stops Responding?????????

RSS >  Occasionally Stops Responding?????????, Have you experienced this and is there a solution???
shesakillatwo #1 23/02/2012 - 20h08

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/01/2012

Off line

Occasionally my Free Track stops responding.  It appears totally locked up and the only solution is to shuut it down from Task Manager and restart the program.  It has never happened in the middle of game play, but every couple days when I start  playing Falcon BMS it simply does not respond when I enter the cockpit.  As BMS is pretty friendly to windows task switching I simply:

1. Switch to the desktop
2. Bring up task manager
3. Stop Freetrack
4. Restart FreeTrack
5. Start the Camera Tracking
6. Switch back to BMS
7 Fly and possibly Die.......

This is not a major pain, but it is an inconvenience.  So, any thoughts or suggestions??  Anyone else see this.

Windows 7 64
8 Gig Ram
Q 9400 CPU
nuNce #2 24/02/2012 - 23h36

Registered on : 18/02/2012

Off line

What kind of video compression do you use?
Closter #3 08/05/2013 - 10h42

Registered on : 08/05/2013

Off line

I have a problem with Freetrack and Falcon BMS 4.32. I use Windows XP, and a PS3Eye with the CL Drivers

I have the usual problems with the start, but I am now used to first press Stream and OK before pressing Start. When freetrack is working, it's making very good at 640x480 60 fps.

The problem is as soon as I enter 3D in BMS, I lose the tracking. My head is not moving at all and at first I was simply exiting BMS. Then I discover this solution and started to alt-tab to the desktop and stop-restore-camera-OK-start, alt-tab and keep flying (well, usually I am over the runway, taxiway or the ramp when I need to do this, so no big problem).

But the problem is I am using another utility to extract the instruments to another screen. It is MFDE Extractor and this utility must be running before starting BMS and doesn't like the alt-tabbing very much. In fact, although the rest of the instruments I export keep working, the mfds quit as soon as I change to desktop and don't return to work once I return to the cockpit.

So my problem is: I can either use freetrack or extract the MFDs, not both. And that is killing me now. Some suggest to me using the in-game extraction, but that is not possible because I use SoftTH 1.09 for multiple screens and I need to set full screen (not windowed) to gain fps and control.

I have tried to learn how to make the "stop-restore-stream-OK-start" without having to alt-tab, but I cannot find a way or a key to use to make that, or if it exists.

So if someone is having some sort of problem like this perhaps we can share our ideas about it.

Edit: "Camera" was wrong, it is "Stream" what I press.
Edited by Closter on 15/05/2013 at 15h55.
Closter #4 02/07/2013 - 20h11

Registered on : 08/05/2013

Off line

I have now made it work, to a point. If I shake my head side-to-side all the way from entering the sim to make it to the cockpit, I am able to keep the head tracking working. Sometimes, If I stop shaking for a moment then it won't work. I haven't identified the crucial steps where this tracking loss happens, but I think it is strange that freetrack stops working If I don't shake.
I'd like to see this fixed because I'm in danger of getting permanent sea-sickness.
:pirate:  :stuart:

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Occasionally Stops Responding?????????

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).