FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > PS3Eye - Tracking Becomes Slow & ClOD Tracking Cuts Out

RSS >  PS3Eye - Tracking Becomes Slow & ClOD Tracking Cuts Out
AlCapwn #1 28/09/2011 - 07h49

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 02/08/2011

Off line

Hi,

I've searched through the forums and I haven't been able to find a solution.

I setup FreeTrack and PS3Eye following the instructions here. http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2416&page=1

The problem I'm experiencing is that as soon as I start tracking, it's quick and responsive, but then very quickly starts to become more and more delayed. (I'm running 640x480 @ 60fps, when I try 75fps it becomes more unresponsive quicker)

I also saw in the PS3Eye Setup thread that another user; wertiqus, posted the same symptoms, but nobody responded.

The other issue I'm running into with Cliffs of Dover, is that after playing the game for a while, FreeTrack will eventually stop tracking, and when I look at the FreeTrack interface, it shows the camera as seeing nothing. Stopping and starting fixes it, but it's quite annoying to have it cut out in the middle of a dogfight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I realize that I probably should have made this into two threads, but just to clarify, the delayed tracking is a universal issue, while the tracking cutting out in ClOD is only in that program.

Windows 7 X64 Pro
AMD Phenom II x4 940
AMD Radeon HD 6870
Edited by AlCapwn on 29/09/2011 at 03h23.
albx #2 28/09/2011 - 13h18

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 26/08/2010

Off line

Are you sure the camera don't pick other light sources? check if the dots at the right corner are green.
AlCapwn #3 28/09/2011 - 18h58

Off line

Yup, it just sees all black, doesn't track anything. As soon as I hit stop and start, you can see the 3 LEDs pop back into view again and it tracks fine.
albx #4 04/10/2011 - 05h01

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 26/08/2010

Off line

AlCapwn @ 28/09/2011 - 20h58 a dit:

Yup, it just sees all black, doesn't track anything. As soon as I hit stop and start, you can see the 3 LEDs pop back into view again and it tracks fine.

In Cliffs of Dover I had some problems with fullscreen enabled, try to change to pseudo.
AlCapwn #5 04/10/2011 - 19h45

Off line

albx @ 04/10/2011 - 07h01 a dit:

AlCapwn @ 28/09/2011 - 20h58 a dit:

In Cliffs of Dover I had some problems with fullscreen enabled, try to change to pseudo.

Thanks for the tip, I haven't tried that yet but I did update my TrackIRHaiku.ini file to the one here http://www.mediafire.com/?tpzfl5qnt3l3lox and I was just playing ClOD for about 2 hours and it didn't cut out.

edit: I'm still having an issue with the delay, I can't believe nobody else but me and one other person are experiencing this? I'm sure many are just not sensitive enough to it? Hit start, watch the head's responsiveness right away, it should be almost instant at 60fps, and then slowly it should get slower, and slower. I've tried installing freetrack on multiple PCs all with completely different hardware and I'm experiencing the same phenomenon.
Edited by AlCapwn on 05/10/2011 at 19h46.
AlCapwn #6 26/10/2011 - 08h10

Off line

Just as an update to this thread.

I just rebuilt my entire machine from the ground up, the only thing identical to the last build is the same PS3Eye Camera. Even with this new build I'm experiencing the exact same phenomenon and it's absolutely killing my ability to use this wonderful program :\

Just for clerfication, my new system specs:

Intel I5-2500K @ 4.2Ghz
8GB G.Skill DDR3-1866 9-10-9-28
Radeon HD 6870 1GB

I just can't believe that only myself and one other person are experiencing this; anyone?
wertiqus #7 23/11/2011 - 21h28

Registered on : 15/05/2011

Off line

Possible solution!

I recently discovered that whenewer I play in windowed-mode there isn't any delay.

So I tested out various built in windows 7 settings, and I detected that when checking "Disable scaling on high DPI" under the "Compability" tab in the window you see upon right-clicking a program and selecting "Properties", seems to solve the issue.

Posted Image
It's in Swedish but you should understand anyway. :)
AlCapwn #8 25/11/2011 - 05h20

Off line

Thank you wertiqus! This does indeed help reduce the delay greatly, although I do still notice it's less responsive after playing for a bit than when I first started.

This has made this usable for me; I was sadly considering having to shell out $150 just so I could have head tracking.

Thank you again!
falcon_120 #9 29/12/2011 - 21h33

Registered on : 19/03/2010

Off line

I have the same problem,I have a ps3 camera and after a while the tracking gets slower a less responsive with stutter;actually the tracking is fine in the freetrack window but within the  game starts the stuttering even looking to the front .But it's not related to the ps3 eye,I also have a vx-300 and the problem is exactly the same.I've tried changing the options said by the poster above and goes great for one or two minutes but after that the problem come back.Any solution to this.Any idea would be nice :).Can it be related to 64 bits W7 ,I didn't have this problem with windows
xp before.
ice_pdb #10 01/01/2012 - 07h18

Registered on : 01/01/2012

Off line

Hello guys! Happy new year!!!

Is this happening in all the games?

Didn't you try to up the CPU priority for free track soft? and it seams a memory problem, maybe bigger swap file...just guessing and being rational,...

I'm going to buy a PS3 Eye too to use with FT...
wertiqus #11 01/01/2012 - 20h01

Registered on : 15/05/2011

Off line

Hi & happy new year!

I have tried to change CPU priority etc. with no luck.
This occurs in all games, although it sometimes (very rare) doesn't happen in DCS A10C (64-bit game).

I recently upgraded from 4GB to 8GB RAM, and the issue is still occuring.

My "fix" removes some of the delay, and makes freetrack usable in flight sims, in which "speed" isn't that important (compared with for example Arma 2). I also noted that disabling clear type removes a bit of the delay...

But actually I am tired of this and I am going to buy a Track IR 5.  :mellow:
ice_pdb #12 03/01/2012 - 19h56

Off line

Still guessing,...
Edited by ice_pdb on 04/01/2012 at 06h38.
ice_pdb #13 03/01/2012 - 20h01

Off line

Still guessing,... How many usb devices do you have connected?... maybe is a power problem....

Did you tried bios settings for USB?... Other usb ports,... IR led are they fed from USB?

I'd try a fresh windows install with video driver, audio driver (old ones that the game support), no antivirus, and no internet connection (just in case)... and defraged after game install... so I check if it's OS or the cam, but should be the OS,...

Too bad you give up... but, I guess Track Ir 5 is ok, I can't pay it's price
Good Luck!
Edited by ice_pdb on 03/01/2012 at 20h05.
falcon_120 #14 06/01/2012 - 23h06

Registered on : 19/03/2010

Off line

I finally solved the problem, it turns out that not only i need to set freetack to high priority but also the game itself.It kind of weird,I would have thought the OS was smart enough to give something like a DCS(quite cpu demanding) a high priority when it's running. Now the stuttering is gone (at least for the moment, I hope no new problem appears).
One more thing, isn't there an option in the control pannel or something to run a game at high priority by default?The other day I took a quick look but found nothing.
Edited by falcon_120 on 06/01/2012 at 23h07.
AlCapwn #15 09/01/2012 - 23h08

Off line

I'm glad it's working better for you, although I still find there's unacceptable delay even with all these 'fixes'. I'm about to break down and buy Track IR5 :( I know it may seem ridiculous to some, but I can't play with input delay; it causes neck strain. The same reason I can't play games with v-sync; it gives me wrist strain because I'm always fighting the delay. It's going to be a bit before I can shell out $150, so if anyone finds a fix please post it!

Edit: Hey Falcon, I believe you can make a program start on a higher priority by creating a batch file with the /high switch.

ex: Start "program name" /high "C:\Program Files\program location\program.exe"

and save that as program.bat (whatever name you want .bat) and launch your game with your new .bat file.

I hope that helps!
Edited by AlCapwn on 09/01/2012 at 23h13.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > PS3Eye - Tracking Becomes Slow & ClOD Tracking Cuts Out

>  Stats

2 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 2 guest(s)).