FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Logitech C270 settings reset / tracking problem

RSS >  Logitech C270 settings reset / tracking problem
caldwell #1 15/07/2011 - 06h10

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 14/07/2011

Off line

I am quite new to the Free-Track software, and recently built a 3Point-Cap model using the guide in this forum, which has worked very well.

The 3 IR leds were clearly visible in the camera, it does not need any modification (Might add that to the compatibility list?). For even better quality, I've mounted my (photography) circular Hoya IR filter in front of the C270 webcam The camera only sees the three points now.

However, I encounter two problems with the software:

1.) My logitech "settings helper app" resets all settings once the tracking has started. When I press the "Start" button, the logitech settings window pops up, but all settings have been set to zero. Additionally, once the window is closed, Free-track asks me to confirm to quit it - when cancelled, settings are reset once more. Thus I must keep the settings window open at all times.

I've read through the FAQ and forums, and found that it might be a problem with the logitech driver, and that I should activate Force Exposure in the FreeTrack options - However the webcam settings panel is empty. Is there a way to force the settings anyway, or has anyone found out how to fix this issue?

2.)
My webcam is located at the top of my TV display i use for gaming (which is 33" so the difference in height between Center of display (my center point of view) is quite large.
I tried to accurately enter the dimensions of my cap model and adjust the reference point settings in the Model panel of FreeTrack according to the distance.

My head's rotation and movement in both X and Y axes work just fine, but when trying to move along Z-Axis, the axis seems misaligned. When moving towards the center of the display, the output movement is forward and downwards.

Did i mess up the reference values in the model settings? (Should it be a positive value or negative when my position is below the webcam?) Is my point model wrong? In a few hours when I get home, I'll upload a picture and dimensions of my model and the situation in front of the display.
SilverXLB #2 30/07/2011 - 12h24

Registered on : 12/07/2011

Off line Mail

It looks like you got the same problem as me but with the ir filter still in and in better condition (mine has 2 scratches, really scratches don't matter as they seem in FT, makes thing better at times :) ).  There are two things that I currently know that will help get by this.

1.) Tried: When you open FreeTrack and select start the settings app will open, keep it open and close both the "are you sure you want to exit Free Track?" windows.  Now here comes the hard part, get the settings in YOUR head, set the exposure to high, set low gain, set low brightness, set low contrast, disable auto white balance, and you can disable the 50 hz and 60hz stuff.  Now just practice setting the sliders so much that when you need to to use free track again you can set the values with your eyes closed almost.

2.) Not tried: Uninstall the Logitech driver and use Free Track with the same webcam. Reason I have not tried is that I have MASTERED :lol:  the 1st solution so well I don't even have to think about this solution.
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Fazatron #3 23/10/2011 - 00h53

Registered on : 23/10/2011

Off line

Hello!
My C270+Freetrack too i receive this problem, and resets the camera settings. I very hated it! I tried idea by SilverXLB, but Freetrack badly worked. After searching old versions drivers i again install last LWS 2.30 and the beginnings think, how to correct!? And my last idea help me: i'm delete file 'LogiDPPApp.exe' in folder "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" and now at started Freetrack all right work!)) Now opens other window of a configuration of the camera.

PS. File 'LogiDPPApp.exe' i add to arhive in the same folder for backup.

Sorry for my bad englisg!

Posted Image
Edited by Fazatron on 23/10/2011 at 00h55.
Devrim #4 26/11/2011 - 01h35

Registered on : 26/11/2011

Off line

Hi; I got same problem.

And thank you Fazatron. Your way worked for me; I renamed "LogiDPPApp.exe" for disabling. And no any window comes up now.
Fazatron #5 12/02/2012 - 22h03

Registered on : 23/10/2011

Off line

Good)) good, ) i'm not alone user c270)...
kampf #6 25/02/2012 - 00h38

Registered on : 25/02/2012

Off line

Fazatron @ 23/10/2011 - 01h53 a dit:

Hello!
My C270+Freetrack too i receive this problem, and resets the camera settings. I very hated it! I tried idea by SilverXLB, but Freetrack badly worked. After searching old versions drivers i again install last LWS 2.30 and the beginnings think, how to correct!? And my last idea help me: i'm delete file 'LogiDPPApp.exe' in folder "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" and now at started Freetrack all right work!)) Now opens other window of a configuration of the camera.

PS. File 'LogiDPPApp.exe' i add to arhive in the same folder for backup.

Sorry for my bad englisg!

Posted Image

Thank you very much.
I had the same problem with a Logitech C120. The only difference was that at least to me the camera settings weren't changed every time.
Now the annoying message "are you sure you want to close FreeTrack?" pop up only the first time I press start. After I press "no" it never shows anymore until I totally close and reopen Free-Track for another time.

Your englyhs for me it's not a problem, but PLEEEASE change the Avatar, IT'S TOO SCARY!  :wacko:  :snif:
Sandy7 #7 19/09/2012 - 06h37

Registered on : 10/09/2012

Off line

Fazatron, I'm using Logitech C210 and Windows 7.

There is no folder named "SysWOW64" in the Windows folder.

The file: LogiDPPApp is found in 4 locations including C:\Windows\System32

Is this the file to delete/archive?

Where did you archive it?
chubbyrain #8 29/09/2012 - 08h36

Registered on : 29/09/2012

Off line

I'm new and saw this last post to be one needing a response.

In Win7, the LogDPPApp.exe file located at C:\Windows\System32 appears to be the one activated by the Webcam software when you click 'advanced settings.'  So yeah, just rename it to LogDPPApp.bak and you should get the desired results.  Right now I'm battling a grey screen issue on and off with the Logitech  C310 cam.  Seems like FreeTrack and the Logitech software are fighting over it and it's causing me to have to go back into the Logitech software and reset settings to default a few times to get an image in either app again.  Am going to try setting the cam to a functional state, then renaming the LogiDPPApp.exe to bak to attempt to lock the settings.  Fingers crossed...
deanot #9 08/08/2014 - 21h27

Registered on : 01/08/2014

Off line

Don't suppose anyone here could post a screenshot of their settings?

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Logitech C270 settings reset / tracking problem

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).