FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Webcam doesnt switch on on FT. Help please

RSS >  Webcam doesnt switch on on FT. Help please, Error ($80040218)
ErCisco #1 06/04/2011 - 18h31

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 06/04/2011

Off line

hello everyone
i hope you can help me
when starting the video tracking i got the following message i translated from my language, and i cant move on.. my logitech webcam just doesn't start recording.

"unable to find filter's conbination about the rendering's flux ($80040218)"

Anybody had it and solved it?

I have a logitech QuickCam express and it is supported by FT.
It works with other software like skype but it doesn't start working with this tracking software
i haven't removed the IR filter yet but if my webcam doesnt work its useless to do it..

Thank you in advance for your answers.
ErCisco
dewey1 #2 06/04/2011 - 21h43

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 25/06/2010

Off line

That error looks like a Windows Media Player error.

Uninstall any Logitech software for the camera. Keep the drivers though.

Click on Source, select Logitech.
Click on Stream, select 30 fps, I420, 352x288 then click apply.
Click on start.

Should work then.

What OS? Win7 or XP? 32 or 64 bit?
Edited by dewey1 on 06/04/2011 at 21h44.
ErCisco #3 07/04/2011 - 07h59

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 06/04/2011

Off line

sorry i forgot to mention my OS

Xp 32

however i was able to activate it restarting everything.. it was like FT wasn't able to see my webcam but now this problem seems to be fixed.

however i'd like to use it in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 but it doesn't work.

I was unable to remove the IR filter and maybe that can be my problem.. i think that my lens are stick with glue.. can't remove it.. the tutorial to remove it made by Xotopl is ok but first i can't see the IR filter and second i dunno if i can remove it without break lens..

FT is able to see my leds and the head's direction cone (red) preview seems to work fine but ingame my head moves a fraction of second and than stucks there..
I am sure theres something wrong in settings but i cant figure out what.. i have to read again instructions inside the software.. I installed it yesterday so i am a big noob at it actually :)

can you help me even on this problem?
thanks for your the answer

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Webcam doesnt switch on on FT. Help please

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).