FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Problem with FreeTrack- OF4.5 FT2.2 PS3EYE

RSS >  Problem with FreeTrack- OF4.5 FT2.2 PS3EYE
Scipione #1 28/01/2011 - 14h56

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/03/2009

Off line

I'm posting on two forums the same time, hoping to find the fix as soon as possible (and make it available for everyone on the web).

System: Win7 x64; nvidia geforce 8400m gs 128MB

I use FreeTrack 2.2 with PS3Eye (driver from codelaboratories.com; installed Ft 2.2 and then fixed as described on Ft forum); PS3Eye working 640x480@60fps; i use 3 point clip, a clone of trackclip pro, with SFH84P leds.

The PS3Eye has got 2 leds, one blue and one red. Sometimes are both on, sometimes only blue is on. Anywhere, once I start FT tracking, only the blue one remains on, and If I it stop, red and blue are on; I hit start, only blue on; i hit stop, both red and blue on. This to exolain that once I started FT the first time, the leds tell me if the PS3Eye is in use or not.

freeTrack works EXCELLENT, very AWESOME. But when I launch OF,  it stops tracking. When I launc OF and the black screen appears, the leds on PS3Eye blinks, and FT starts to crew up. In FT the screen with the 3 red dots of tracking disappear (and with it also the reference cross), and I have to hit stop and the start; but If I hit stop, it crashes.

i tried reinstalling, re-clean, re-install, either drivers, FreeTrack, OF, but the problem is the same.

I hope freetrack developers will help me destroying this bug, I hope in collaboration with OF developer if the problem is an incompatibility between codes.

OF works fine, freetrack works fine, but once OF is up, FT crashes. I can't restart freetrack, because If I do it, once again in OF screen (only when not in mission, because in mission alt+tab doesn't work) FT will crash again.

I hope freetrack develoeprs will help me and all ps3eye/of users, because of Natural Point's behaoviour on changing wikipedia's page to let people think that freetrack is crap code.

link to the same thread on f4support: f4support
Edited by Scipione on 28/01/2011 at 14h57.
Scipione #2 29/01/2011 - 18h44

Off line

No one responds? I really want to enjoy F4OF, I really want to use it and fly F-16C#52, with original Dash1 and Dash34 as basis, and learn how to fight reading 'Fighter Combat: tactis and maneuvering'... help me!!!!!

I don't want to gift 200 dollars to natural Point, I want that open source wins!
Falstar #3 01/02/2011 - 16h45

Registered on : 25/09/2007

Off line

Do you have your joystick connected?
Scipione #4 01/02/2011 - 23h14

Off line

yes it's connected. the problem is that when I enter in F4OF (also if I do alt+tab, use freetrack and then alt+tab to return in of) PS3EYE seems to restart itself; this causes FreeTrack to loose the red dots (and also the cross wich cuts the capture screen in 4 quarters); I have to hit stop and then start again but when I hit stop it crashes...
Vink #5 19/04/2011 - 17h49

Registered on : 08/01/2011

Off line

Scipione @ 29/01/2011 - 20h44 a dit:

The PS3Eye has got 2 leds, one blue and one red. Sometimes are both on, sometimes only blue is on. Anywhere, once I start FT tracking, only the blue one remains on, and If I it stop, red and blue are on; I hit start, only blue on; i hit stop, both red and blue on. This to exolain that once I started FT the first time, the leds tell me if the PS3Eye is in use or not.

Something wrong with your description or FT malfunction. When I start FT, both LEDs on PS3Eye are ON.  When PS3Eye in idle - only blue one lit.
Edited by Vink on 19/04/2011 at 17h50.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Problem with FreeTrack- OF4.5 FT2.2 PS3EYE

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).