FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Easy Solution!!remove IR filter PS3Eye

RSS >  Easy Solution!!remove IR filter PS3Eye
doveman #31 20/02/2014 - 15h42

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 09/05/2012

Off line

Thanks, I did adjust the curves so that I don't need to move my head as much and it works quite well but I'll try your curves as I'm never really sure how they work, so I just did basic 1 point lines which probably aren't using FTNoIR to it's full potential :)
Stormrider #32 21/02/2014 - 11h54

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

if you want to work on those curves, I always do it like this.
I enable just one, for example yaw.I move my head left and to the right.Just until I think that I can see what I want and the movement is good enough.If I made the good settings I start with the next curve.Always one at a time.The center(=0 at the curves) is the starting point of yaw, pitch,roll,x, y, z. If you do one at the time you don't have interference of the others and you can see better what the curve do for that axis.
I start a bit horizontal to create a dead zone so I have a steady view in my cockpit.
In the picture of my yaw curve you can see, if I move my head 30 degrees  in game I look at my 6 (180 degrees).With 16 degrees headmovement, in game I look 90 degrees to the left or right.
If Iam just flying and do not need a certain axis I just disable it.I programmed it to my joystick for fast turn off and on.
Always keep in mind, it takes some time to get used to the settings you made, so don't make to much changes to fast.First try it a while.
doveman #33 25/02/2014 - 14h03

Off line

Thanks, that sounds like a good method for setting up the curves.

I hadn't thought of disabling certain axis in flight either, so I'll try that to see if it helps. I'm a bit short of joystick buttons (already have pause and stop/start mapped to hat up/down) but I can probably sort out something using modifier buttons.

I've found in ArmA3 that it works OK but when the view is behind me, say 5'o clock or 7'o clock, it will suddenly snap to the opposite, so 5 to 7 and 7 to 5. I checked in FTNoIR and it's not losing tracking or anything, so it must be something in the game itself that causes it to do this when the Freetrack input reaches a certain amount. Do you play ArmA3 and have you encountered this bug and found a fix for it?
Stormrider #34 25/02/2014 - 16h33

Off line

it will suddenly snap to the opposite, so 5 to 7 and 7 to 5.

Isn't this something you can solve at the shortkey tab?You can enable reverse axis there.
I have: Yaw angle for Reverse Axis 20 degrees.

I only play Cliffs of Dover(Clod).So with any settings of Arma I can't help you.

Maybe you can try to look around with your mouse instead of Ir-tracking.If it behaves the same, jumping from 5'o clock to 7 'o clock it is something of the game.If it works like you want, it must be something in facetrack.
I know some games have special settings to make it more realistic.For example you can't do to much things at the same time because you only have 2 hands.
In Clod they call it Antropomorphic control.
doveman #35 27/02/2014 - 12h59

Off line

Stormrider @ 25/02/2014 - 16h33 a dit:

it will suddenly snap to the opposite, so 5 to 7 and 7 to 5.

Isn't this something you can solve at the shortkey tab?You can enable reverse axis there.
I have: Yaw angle for Reverse Axis 20 degrees.

I only play Cliffs of Dover(Clod).So with any settings of Arma I can't help you.

Ah, that's probably what it is thanks, as it doesn't do it when looking with the mouse.

I've tested on a sunny day now and the camera does see too much daylight without a filter. Even with my red, green, blue layered plastic, it lets in a fair amount in the top right of the image and adjusting the threshold only results in either phantom points appearing or some of the actual points disappearing.

I'm going to try adding an extra layer of the different colours (I recall when I tried this before, one particular colour ending up blocking IR as well but now I've removed the IR filter it might be OK) and if that still isn't good enough, I'll buy that filter you've got.
Stormrider #36 27/02/2014 - 14h52

Off line

hi Doveman,
did you ever try the bright-light trick with you ps3-eye?I had to this with my vx3000 webcam so I also did it with my ps3-eye.
I goes like this: remove you day-light filter, enable all automatic functions at the video capture filter tab in Cl-Eye Test,
shine with a very bright lightsource in you webcam an in the same time turn of all the automatic functions.
put your daylight filter back and make the manual settings you want/need.
doveman #37 21/03/2014 - 13h06

Off line

Hi Stormrider

I haven't tried that trick yet, so I'll give it a go, thanks.

At the moment, it's working quite well with my coloured-plastic daylight filter removed. With it on, it wasn't working properly. Without it, I can't really use the IR tracking in daytime but in the evenings it works great and that's the main time I play anyway but I'll still get the filter you're using so that I can use it whenever I want :)
doveman #38 09/04/2014 - 12h03

Off line

Hmm, that filter would be $28 shipping to me in the UK, so I won't be getting that. I haven't found anything similar available more locally either, so I guess I'll have to try getting some film developed (I need to check how I'm meant to do it as I always get confused about that) and hope that works better than my coloured plastic layers.

I read a tip elsewhere that "its best to take a photo of a cool florescent light with a 5 sec exposure then get it processed. This should block all light below about 750nm and have a sweet spot around 880nm depending on the film. 880 is perfect for the sfh485 LEDs"

I'm not sure if this is true and I've only got a cheap film camera with no exposure settings but I think my Dad's still got a decent camera. I'd still need to find a cool florescent light source though and I don't know if it matters whether it's daylight or totally dark apart from that light source, so I'd need to take several shots.
Stormrider #39 10/04/2014 - 17h50

Off line

Hmm, that filter would be $28 shipping to me in the UK, so I won't be getting that. I haven't found anything similar available more locally either

maybe an alternative?
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=3969
have you read this/
http://www.free-track.net/english/hardware/filters.php

I'm not sure if this is true and I've only got a cheap film camera with no exposure settings but I think my Dad's still got a decent camera. I'd still need to find a cool florescent light source though and I don't know if it matters whether it's daylight or totally dark apart from that light source, so I'd need to take several shots.

I think it is just a matter of exposing the photographicfilm to light and after that let it develop.
You don't need a camera to get it fully exposed to light.If I were you, I should buy the cheapest film I can can buy, expose it to light and let it develop and you have your filter.
Edited by Stormrider on 11/04/2014 at 13h51.
wormeaten #40 15/04/2014 - 16h03

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/07/2009

Off line

I used one exposed photo film before I remove IR filter on my PS3 eye. Two layers was too much.

Results was good but was not good enough after removing IR filter.

Now I'm using one layer floppy disk. Works good even on day lights. I have only problems when Sun light is directly on webcam.

Also using FTNoIR and webcam is on top of monitor on right side straight in front of my IR clip also angled 90 deg. to the web cam.

My clip is this size

Posted Image

also have problem with two dots overlapping.

This size is good for trackIR who have different lens or what ever it use.
I think for PS3 eye should be little bigger and size should also depend on distance between clip and webcam not just lens.
doveman #41 01/06/2014 - 15h54

Off line

Yeah, I've seen some that are quite a bit bigger, on the bottom arm at least, so I guess we need to build something like that to make it work reliably with the PS3 Eye. I'm not sure where I saw the pictures unfortunately and I don't have dimensions, so I'll have to try and find them.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Easy Solution!!remove IR filter PS3Eye

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).