FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack 2.2 and Logitech C300 Software

RSS >  Freetrack 2.2 and Logitech C300 Software
dotslash #1 11/12/2010 - 11h36

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 06/12/2010

Off line

I've searched around and can't find anything to do with my problem.

I've got a Logitech C300 webcam using the latest software downloaded from the Logitech website.

When I press the "Start" button using this webcam with Freetrack 2.2.0.279, freetrack launches the webcam settings window and tries to close itself. No combination of saying no to the freetrack close confirmation dialog and dismissing the webcam settings window seems to work.

I have however successfully used my setup with freetrack 2.1 (no force exposure setting are being used, pretty much vanilla settings).

Has anyone seen this issue or have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for making this great software :)
dotslash #2 17/12/2010 - 14h04

Registered on : 06/12/2010

Off line

after a bit of playing and now that I understand the freetrack software better, I've got this webcam working with freetrack 2.2

However, the bug that I describe above is still present, i.e. freetrack launches the webcam settings window everytime I start tracking.
zedman #3 19/12/2010 - 19h16

Registered on : 21/06/2010

Off line

Hey,

suffer the same from the beginning when I started to use FT2.2 (half a year now)...  :snif:
Definitely annoys but couldn't find any solution.  :snif:  :snif:

(I'm on W7x64 wit a C120)
Chefkoch #4 28/12/2010 - 16h47

Registered on : 28/12/2010

Off line

I seem to have the same problem with freetrack2.2 and an IR-modded logitech C160 webcam. It's extremely annoying.

Every time i press start in freetrack i'm asked whether i want to close freetrack, the webcam settings start AND revert to default! That means i have to set exposure, sensitivity, brightnes and contrast every time i start. When things are set, i press save in the camera settings window and i'm back in freetrack. When i press on the camera button in freetrack, the camera setting window opens immediately and shows the settings as previously saved. These settings remain saved when i restart freetrack, but they revert to default every time i press start in freetrack.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have the impression it's a freetrack bug that defaults the cam settings in the registry every time i press start.
trapeze #5 18/01/2011 - 13h32

Registered on : 18/01/2011

Off line

Hi

I have exactly the same problem with FT2.2 and a logitech c160 webcam.

Every time I start the webcam in FT it calls the camera settings window with all values at zero. After I adjust the webcam settings, save them and close the window, FT asks if I want to close it... Very annoying.

Perhaps it is due to some incompatibility between Logitech drivers and FT?
iracer #6 06/02/2011 - 08h35

Registered on : 06/02/2011

Off line

Bump.

Anyone found a workaround for this, I  have the additional problem that it forgets the settings as well making it totally unusable.
kampf #7 25/02/2012 - 00h40

Registered on : 25/02/2012

Off line

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack 2.2 and Logitech C300 Software

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).