FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Access violation at address 00402272

RSS >  Access violation at address 00402272
aairon #1 21/08/2010 - 16h05

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 17/08/2010

Off line Mail

Access violation at address 00402272 in module 'FreeTrack.exe'. Write address of 4029B311.

I understand that there is a sticky labled "solved" above about this exact issue.

It requires that everyone with a non standard desktop DPI setting Reboot their machine every time before using FreeTrack, and once again rebooting the machine when done using FreeTrack, along with having to go into display settings every time, to reset the DPI for every day use.

Myself and many others have had issues in the past, because we run non standard desktop DPI,
BUT! have been able to 100% solve them by right clicking on the actual .exe for a given program (especially games/Sims) and select the compatibility TAB and check the box titled

'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings'

This has worked 100% of the time, to allow any applications and games/Sims to run properly.

Now along comes  something that doesn't work this way.

For those of us who have a very hard time with reading "small" text, the only way a computer can be somewhat useful to us, is to be able to increase the DPI so we can access the web and read PDF's etc..

Many years ago I was into programming, but have been out of the loop so long I'm afraid that Trying to tackle the code changes to allow FreeTrack to take advantage of that 'switch' in the compatibility tab, is beyond the time I can devote, with little great grand kids running around and such.

I do hope for the sake of us folks who have problems with text, but not in game/sim graphics, some kind soul will come along and insert a code change and not consider this a "solved" issue but a "work around" until/if such time that happens.

I do understand that this is free software, and can't be expected to have the same performance of TrackIr, and of course not the same level of support.
I was hoping though, that someone who is involved in the coding project might be able to point me in a direction where to start looking to implement that switch in Free Track, to take advantage of the on the fly DPI change. ;-)
Edited by aairon on 21/08/2010 at 16h07.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Access violation at address 00402272

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).