FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Curve Issues, Trouble getting curves just right
mrichards0 #1 14/07/2010 - 21h13

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 14/07/2010

Off line

I successfully built a clip on and have it on my right earphone.  I made it using 60mm and 80mm right triangles.  It didn't have much movement in any direction (maybe 10 degrees) with the default curves, so I had to start playing.  I ended up with curves that look completely opposite of other peoples curves and wonder what I'm doing wrong.  I have to move both points to the extreme right and bottom to get full movement, however, there's no deadspace and it's pretty shaky.  I'd like to get 90 degrees of motion from center in pitch, roll and yaw, with a small amount of motion in the center accelerating as I move to the edges (if that makes sense).  Is my clipon not measured exact, too big, on the wrong side, upside down or built strange to create an extreme curve that's opposite of what I see most curves?  I have the 60mm side up and the 80mm near my mic on my right ear, as square to my head as I can get it.  Also, right yaw must hide one of the LED's because it stops at a point, how did most solve this?  Is the cap mount better?

I have to say, even with the problems getting it tuned, it's incredible technology and for free!  I've had a few hiccups, like it stops working and when I check it, I see a full image from the webcam and have to stop and start it.  Seems to be only with FSX, X Plane seems to operate more reliably.  I get some lag with FSX, and changing the resolution and performance settings doesn't seem to fix it.
nadrealista #2 14/07/2010 - 22h37

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 13/01/2010

Off line

Look at Sensitivity under Global and/or Profile pages.

Center of the head (for measurements) is at centre looking from top and below nose looking from front and below ear looking from side. SLiders could be confusing. For right clip you need to move "Horizontal"slider to right, to negative values (pffff)

You need to solve first problem and that with hiding will be solved too. You needn't to move head so much to look further right.

EDIT: added word "Horizontal"
Edited by nadrealista on 15/07/2010 at 05h42.
slaver1 #3 14/07/2010 - 22h43

Registered on : 08/02/2010

Off line

I get some lag with FSX, and changing the resolution and performance settings doesn't seem to fix it.

Read this topic:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2174
benmeijer #4 14/07/2010 - 23h11

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 19/07/2008

Off line

Use right mouse click on curves for a small menu with options !
mrichards0 #5 15/07/2010 - 03h29

Registered on : 14/07/2010

Off line

The sensitivity adjustments and model position completely fixed my issue!  The curves look a lot better and I have the deadzones now.  Thanks!  I did notice there were two locations for sensitivity, but figured out that the profile settings is were I needed to make the changes.
kutterro #6 23/07/2010 - 18h52

Registered on : 17/03/2009

Off line

Dude, I have the exact same problem with the deadzones and 90deg movements!  Could you perhaps let me know what exact settings you messed with to get FT setup correctly?

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).