FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > FSX lag issue - starts fine, grows laggy

RSS >  FSX lag issue - starts fine, grows laggy
darklight #1 21/12/2009 - 23h38

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/12/2009

Off line

Hi, I've started using freetrack with FSX, but it is very laggy.

It does work fine initially, but after a couple of minutes the virtual cockpit head movement in FSX starts to lag way behind my actual head movements.

While troubleshooting this problem, I kept the freetrack & fsx windows both visible, and I could see freetrack was tracking my head movments perfectly smoothly, no lag, and 3 points at all times.  So I think this problem may be with FSX itself.

My FSX install is only a couple of months old, FSX gold acceleration, no modifications or additions.

Has anyone else had or solved this problem?  I used to use freetrack with IL2 no problems...
darklight #2 21/12/2009 - 23h51

Off line

I meant to add - I kept task manager open at the same time - freetrack only takes up between 1% - 3% of cpu usage, whereas FSX takes up between 70% - 99%.  However the lag doesnt seem to correspond to periods of high cpu usage by fsx - it always takes several minutes for the lag to kick in, and when it does it is there to stay (or at least I get bored of flying while looking down at my feet so I kill fsx).

Also, when I pause FSX, the lag dissapears, even though the cpu usage remains pretty much the same.  If I un-pause it, the lag takes several minutes to appear again but it always does.

Its almost like there is a buffer freetrack is writing to, but fsx is having problems reading from the buffer in real time.

Everything else in my FSX works find - controllers & keys work as expected, immediately.
darklight #3 24/12/2009 - 13h13

Off line

Well after more experimentation I belive this is due to the smoothing parameters in the freetrack software, but it seems to only affect FSX.

If I turn all the smoothing (in profile & in global) then it seems to fix the problem.  Of course now I have a nasty jerky viewpoint.

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to fix this?
Smiler #4 10/01/2010 - 19h45

Registered on : 09/01/2010

Off line

Hi,

Yes I have this problem too using Wiimote and home made IR cap. Sometimes it lags 5 or 6 seconds behind screen view and then just snaps to realtim, a minute or so later the lag starts again.

I'd be grateful for any advice on this as when it works, it transforms FSX.

Jeff
AveMetal #5 21/06/2010 - 13h14

Registered on : 17/03/2009

Off line

I´ve tried lots of solutions that i found, but none worked for me until I went to Windows Task Manager, Aplications, right-click FreeTrack.exe and Set Priority in Realtime, et voilá, no more crappy lag. I also choose one core in the Set Affinity option, but i think this is not neccesary.

My specs: Win7 64, PS3 Eye and Rambo´s ribbon with 3 leds  :pirate:

Hope you solve the problem, regards!  ;)
Edited by AveMetal on 28/06/2010 at 11h09.
slaver1 #6 22/06/2010 - 10h01

Registered on : 08/02/2010

Off line

Problem solved?
If yes darklight should edit topic tittle and add "[SOLVED]".
enemykill3 #7 09/08/2011 - 23h55

Registered on : 09/08/2011

Off line

slaver1 @ 22/06/2010 - 12h01 a dit:

Problem solved?
If yes darklight should edit topic tittle and add "[SOLVED]".

slaver1! This topic never gonna resolved.
Devrim #8 29/11/2011 - 03h53

Registered on : 26/11/2011

Off line

Hi.

I think I have the same problem. But I'm very confused about this.

When I fly with BlackShark (while FT is working background of course), suddenly the FPS drops to ~14 or 15  (normally it should be going around 38-40). Two or three seconds later, everything is allright. And after a few minutes, it's again! FPS drops for 2-3 secs...

When FPS drops down, I immediately hit the shortcut key to pause FreeTrack, and FPS raises normal level.

But that happens to me when I fly over the city - very very low alt. At 500 m or higher I have no problem with FPS.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > FSX lag issue - starts fine, grows laggy

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).