FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Tracking test screen not working

RSS >  Tracking test screen not working, Trying to connect to FSX with TrackIR 2
Whippy #1 13/07/2010 - 00h40

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/07/2010

Off line

Hi peoples.  Thanks for this wonderful software and for the nice community!

I have been reading threads here to try and use Freetrack with FSX using my TrackIR2 "camera."  I am making progress but still cannot get FSX to work right.

I have the correct version of Freetrack and Optitrack for my purpose.  I have tried connecting through Simconnect and also through TIRViews.dll with the same results.

In my Freetrack program, I can sometimes see the output test skull and sometimes it is blacked out...either way it never moves.  I am only trying 2 degrees movement for now...

In the black box to the right of the skull in the "Cam" tab, I can see that my TrackIR hat is seen, as I can see the little RED dot from where my head is moving around.  "IR Illumination while tracking" is checked.

I start Freetrack and then start FSX.  When I am in the airplane, freetrack does not work...BUT it is doing something because when I try and pan the view with the hat switch on my yoke, the view is locked into the center of the screen.  When I turn off Freetrack, the hat switch works like normal.

Would someone please help me with my problem?
Whippy #2 13/07/2010 - 01h39

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/07/2010

Off line

I'm sorry to answer my own post here but I wanted to update with the solution I found...

I had to adjust my "Threshold" and then it started working.

Ok, I have found a quirk that I wanted to ask about now that is really a show-stopper for me.

When I am in FSX and Freetrack is the active program in Windows, everything works really great.....but as soon as I switch to FSX so that I can hear the sounds and work the FSX menus etc., the view starts to act all funky.

Do I NEED to use LED lights for this freetrack to work ok?  I am just using my TrackIR hat with the silver dot on it with Freetrack in that "IR Illumination" mode....

If I could get Freetrack to work in the sim as it does when it is the active program, I'd be VERY happy!  It appears to be possible, I'm just missing something it seems.  :(

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Tracking test screen not working

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).