FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > No movement, no cursor, no sensing... ?

RSS >  No movement, no cursor, no sensing... ?
zedman #1 21/06/2010 - 18h23

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/06/2010

Off line

Hi,

I'm new to this Track-thingy, so perhaps I have some misunderstandings...
First of all, please note, I have just found this cool stuff and I'm in a "test-phase" now, don't have the appropiate devices.

So, I have installed 2.2, and tried to test it with a camcorder as a webcam. At first time when I started, FT has frozen (program not responding etc) and I found that ps3eye stuff to install (I'm on W7x64).
Now, I am at the state that there is the camera picture on FT, camera is pointed to a simple green LED, but nothing happen when I move the camera (means; "moving" the green LED). There is no crosshairs (as on the demovideo), and of course no head-movements in the other window. Doesn't matter if I move the Threshold slider... I have choosen the Single Point Model, but on the right bottom there are just grey leds.
Am I missed something?
What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.
slaver1 #2 22/06/2010 - 09h45

Registered on : 08/02/2010

Off line

At first time when I started, FT has frozen (program not responding etc) and I found that ps3eye stuff to install (I'm on W7x64).

ps3eye camera?
You used latest CL-eye driver and fix from topic in my sig?

Now, I am at the state that there is the camera picture on FT, camera is pointed to a simple green LED, but nothing happen when I move the camera (means; "moving" the green LED).

You mean LED moving on capture screen but is showing gray not red dot?
Edited by slaver1 on 22/06/2010 at 09h50.
zedman #3 22/06/2010 - 14h51

Registered on : 21/06/2010

Off line

Yeah, I did your things in sig.

There wasn't any picture, no anything.  :blink:  But whatever, I have installed splitcam, and clicked many-many places, and after a while, there was picture in FT screencapture area, and I can check the crosshairs.
So, this part is perhaps solved.

At this moment  (I've bought a Logitech C120 webcam) made my 3 LED (actually only red LEDs, the shop was empty in IR LEDs  :( , I'll be back) cap "device" and try to setup FT but I have problems.
The head is not stable, it is always "shaking" or moving, the parameters are changing all the time, doesn't matter if I decrease the sensitivity, maybe a little bit better, but then you have to move/rotate your head too much (over the LEDs' light angle...) to see proper movement in the cockpit, so it's not a solution.  :(

What can cause this "jitter/shake/unstable" thing?

I'm on W7x64 with the mentioned Logitech C120 webcam, latest drivers, 3 LED cap version.

Thanks

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > No movement, no cursor, no sensing... ?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).