FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > At what distance does your WiiMote best work?

RSS >  At what distance does your WiiMote best work?
auch_enne #1 10/05/2010 - 20h40

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 25/06/2009

Off line

Hi,

wondering at what distance you guys sit from your screen. I can only get like 30 centimeters away from the wiimote with the trackclip before it loses the IR.

So what's the maximum distance your wiimote still captures your IR source and works properly?

And did you do anything to improve the distance?

Just wondering if I can get the combination TrackclipPro and Wiimote to work properly  :gene:

Thank for any reply's
auch_enne #2 13/04/2011 - 18h50

Registered on : 25/06/2009

Off line

I never got an answer and just checked the prices of trackir 5 but it's still way to expencive...

I bought a trackclip pro and a bluetooth dongle but never really used the system much because of the short distance problem, hopefully somebody will take the effort to answer or help me out this time....
yonyz #3 15/04/2011 - 19h49

Registered on : 28/02/2011

Off line

30 centimeters doesn't sound too useful. I know that the TrackClip Pro has 850nm IR LEDs. I wonder what wavelength the Wii optical sensor works best with.

I'm having a problem of a PS3 Eye not seeing the IR LEDs of my TrackClip Pro when I cover it with an exposed film. Maybe its IR LEDs are not strong enough.
Zaphod #4 17/04/2011 - 09h16

Registered on : 29/04/2009

Off line

The wiimote filter is too strong for the TrackClip Pro LEDs, you can remove the filter (black plastic part of case) and replace it with a weaker filter like exposed developed film.. or just use it in the dark with no filter.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > At what distance does your WiiMote best work?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).