FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > someone please help me on dcs blackshark!!

RSS >  someone please help me on dcs blackshark!!
dman777 #1 21/03/2010 - 12h29

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/03/2010

Off line

ive just tried freetrack in several sims with a 3pt cap led and the thing works just as good as my buddys trackir 4!!!
It worked in all my sims from il-2 to lock -on ..  When i tried it on dcs blackshark it didnt work.  I downloaded the hotfix here somewhere but i think im not doing it right.
When you download the fix, it comes as an rar file.  When i make the download, where am i supposed to save the file to?  "save target as :"
I tried placing it >programsfiles>dcs blackshark>bin>stable....then opened it up with an rar file opener...ran it up and it says it cant find files to fix.  Maybe im suppposed to extract the rar file to "newinput.dll:?  If i do so it simply writes over the existing file (from 536 kb to 60kb) ...and still didnt work.  What am i doing wrong and can someone give me a noob's rendition of the steps it takes to make this hotfix work?  thanks for the help guys.
dman777 #2 21/03/2010 - 12h32

Off line

i also forgot to mention,  It works great in all other sims but im getting only 10fps! When i used winrar to extract the hotfix to newinput.dll as instructed, winrar says access denied even though im running things in adminstrator mode.   Im using an xbox live webcam,  Anyways , b4 i fiddle with this id like to get it working in dcs blackshark first....i hope im not a special case.
Edited by dman777 on 21/03/2010 at 12h56.
dman777 #3 21/03/2010 - 16h14

Off line

i figured it out .....I had admin functions preventing me from altering files.
Once i edited those values under the bin folder i was able to fix everything..

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > someone please help me on dcs blackshark!!

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).